General Discussion

Purple Puppy's Campaigns

Moderator:Purple Puppy

Purple Puppy
Expert Poster
Re: General Discussion

Post by Purple Puppy » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:42 am

I'll co-DM, :mrgreen: but we'll definitely need to find more players, having only 2 is just silly. What type of setting is the mod anyway? FR, general fantasy, sci-fi, modern, Fallout?

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:03 am

FR-but set in a custom region/city. I may include some of the well known cities like Waterdeep, but I haven't decided yet. I'll be using the standard Gods, but introducing some non-standard enemies. I'll shoot the dm notes to you later, Purple. I'll need some suggestions on the campaign as well as quest ideas, but we can talk about those later.

Purple Puppy
Expert Poster

Post by Purple Puppy » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:44 pm

I'm getting a new comp, or rather my parents have bought a new comp, and guess who gets to use it! :mrgreen:

Purple Puppy
Expert Poster

Post by Purple Puppy » Thu May 14, 2009 10:53 am

Here's a pretty cool, free, online game: http://www.scarygirl.com/ 8-)

Purple Puppy
Expert Poster

Post by Purple Puppy » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:16 am

We need to get back into some serious role-playing after SoU! The standard campaigns done in multi-player is all very nice, but not a lot for character development and real excitement, and besides I want to improve my DM skills. :P

I really enjoyed KotNR, and TDV though not as much, so what should we play next?

I'd like have a go at a mod that's a bit more open world so the party can go off on side quests more easily, and it also allows more space for personal stories of individual PCs, but the mod would still need an overall story path so the group always has a goal and some direction. Know of any such mods?

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:32 am

There's always X-COM. If not, I have a modern/fantasy mod that I can take you guys through: the mod starts out with you as members of the US military squad (or as foreign operatives assigned to the squad) that's hunting a terrorist leader in Iraq. While following up on a lead, you're transported to a world of swords and sorcery. I could take out the military part and just make everybody a mercenary, but that removes the fish out of water aspect.

Klasa
Expert Poster

Post by Klasa » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:14 am

Hmm... both those mods sound interesting, and I'm in agreement with the getting back to serious roleplaying again.

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:21 am

I forgot to mention that I have a more traditional fantasy campaign as well. You start out as mercenaries hired by the local lord of an island province to find out what's going on with the local mine. The author may be working on a sequel, so that's also another option. It'll be while before I can host anything because I want to get a faster computer.

Klasa
Expert Poster

Post by Klasa » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:23 am

Well, as far as hosting goes I am able to host again... though like before people can only join through the Gamespy Buddy method.

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:06 pm

I think I may have the money to purchase that system I mentioned last time, but I may wait until I get paid back about $300 that's owed me first.