HotU IC Thread

Purple Puppy's Campaigns

Moderator:Purple Puppy

Purple Puppy
Expert Poster
HotU IC Thread

Post by Purple Puppy » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:35 am

Yllandri pushed her wavy black hair away from her face, tucking it behind her ears, in an attempt to give herself more time to think on how to respond to Sirier's question.

She couldn't recall him ever speaking in this manner to the others in the group and his attention excited her, despite her training, but bards were known to have this effect on people so she wasn't going to become too angry with herself over it. She then busied herself by re-adjusting the wrist straps on her leather gloves, pretending that they'd come loose, she unfastened the buckles and then carefully refastened them again - this bought her a fair few extra seconds.

The tone of her reply would have to be carefully controlled. She couldn't sound too excited, but she knew better than to come across as rude, so she adopted the most casual tone as she could manage in such a short amount of time. "Well I can't afford them just yet, but thank you for ask-", she stopped suddenly as she felt her ears turning bright pink and wished she'd left them covered. It took a moment for her to re-gain composure.

She turned to face Torvin this time, with arms crossed, "Uh, well, if everyone is finished equipping themselves I suggest we head upstairs for something to eat before we do any further adventuring. We'll need to keep our energy up and we'll be more alert with full stomachs rather than grumbling ones."

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Re: HotU IC Thread

Post by Gulfwulf » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:19 am

Torvin looked up from where he was resting his head against the wall and nodded. "Good idea, Yil, but I suggest that we start taking rations with us. There's no telling what monsters will be awaiting us when we return if we leave too often." He stood and headed for the stairs leading to the main floor.

Raganui
Veteran Poster

Post by Raganui » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:52 pm

He chuckled lightly at Yil's response. "Really, if you wish to have them, I'll give them to you. Just a bit of quick tailoring to allow them to fit." Sirier looked towards the well, clicking his tongue lightly. "I hope that nothing tries to follow, I've had enough surprises for now."

Looking at Yil, he nodded. "I guess with the quarantine I can't take you out to a nice restaurant so this will have to do. Though how about after we find out what is happen down below and stop things, I take you out for a night on the town? Who knows, perhaps a lovely moonlight flight?" He smiled as he shamelessly hit on the monk.
Ninja Ninja.

Purple Puppy
Expert Poster

Post by Purple Puppy » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:29 pm

Yllandri, by now seated at one of the tables awaiting the food, regained her confidence and replied, "Ah, I'd love the chance to take a proper look around the city, when the quarantine is lifted and the streets are safe again that is. But we've come here to do a job, which I think we should concentrate on first before daydreaming about the possible future, such things can break one's focus - which can then take several hours of meditation to regain."

"Still, I'm reasonably confident that we can safely navigate Undermountain and drive back the drow, and that all of us can survive. We simply have to prepare properly, be adequately supplied, and maintain focus." At the last part, she rested an elbow on the table, and pressed her cheek onto her palm before continuing, "Or stay as focused is we can manage. I admit that fear spells are something I still find difficult to resist, I'm yet to master Still Mind."

Klasa
Expert Poster

Post by Klasa » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:41 pm

"Yes, yes... supplies shouldn't be too much of a problem, and neither is preparation... It's just focus that might be hard for some of us..." Xalden said as he sat at the table with the others, sounding a bit annoyed. Of course, that was because he was annoyed, annoyed at the bard seated close to him. He had nothing personal against Sirier, or at least he believed he didn't, but Xalden just didn't like any bard he's ever met. He figured that it was the way they acted, with their constant flirting with any member of the opposite sex they saw being the most annoying trait of theirs. But of course Xalden was a professional, and he was definitely not going to let his dislike of bards affect him... even if it would be amusing to watch the bard stumble into a trap or two... or into a drow ambush...

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:44 am

Torvin ate his meal, ignoring the exchange between Sirier and Yil. He looked up and nodded at Xalden's words. Stabbing a fork into the air, he said "Yes, supplies won't be an issue; preperation will be. Provided we're careful, my blessings should keep us all in good stead. But, don't rely on them because a careless misstep or a cunning wizard could remove those protections. As for your concerns, Yil, I'll ask Tyr for a protection from evil blessing. That should shield your mind against any foe we face - especially any Drow or Duegar.

Raganui
Veteran Poster

Post by Raganui » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:05 am

He stretched and watched the fairy queen leave. "Almost feel sorry for her. Still..." He slipped over to Yilandri, smiling. "She was nothing compared to your beauty, darling." He knew that he was probably about to be hit, but it'd tell him whether this line of flirting as working or if he'd have to try a different approach.
Ninja Ninja.

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:46 am

Toric sat on the edge of the well as he watched the Fairy queen disappear. He was glad they hadn't killed her because she didn't seem evil, just trapped. After she left, he went through the door at the back of the room and looked around, finding a vine with a strange berry on it as well as a proticulus guarding what looked to be a treasure room. He said a brief prayer to Tyr and disarmed the traps protecting the chests. Rifling through them, he found a few items that might bring the group some coin as well as a heavy barrel of what looked to be alchemist powder. He picked it up and brought it back to the well. He leaned a hand on it and adressed the others, "I think we can use this powder in the Ogre's room to clear that rubble. I would rather not follow those footsteps of the others because there's a chance they may have been ambushed and I'd soon as avoid that if possible." He sat back on the well and sighed as Sirier tried another approach to woo Yil. He snorted and shook his head; some men never knew when to quit.

Purple Puppy
Expert Poster

Post by Purple Puppy » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:43 am

Yllandri gave Sirier a sour look, walked over to the well, and sat next to Torvin to examine the powder he'd just found.

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:52 am

Torvin glanced at Yil as she sat down. "Be careful with that, Yil. I don't know how volatile it is, but any spark may be enough to ignite it. I don't know if I can bring us back should it decide to do that," he said with a grin.