Help please. writer wanted

Online Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2 Convention - Get Your Dungeons and Dragons Multiplayer Fix
Skunkeen
Experienced User
Help please. writer wanted

Post by Skunkeen » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:49 am

Ive been unsure of writing this. I have grammer of a NPC orc. I trust you folks here would help me here without mocking me too hard with something I wouldnt laugh at myself to for this with ya. but please im kinda in a bind with wording this the best and good enough article to submit around. would anyone please look this over and make any suggestions please or fixes? or anyone feel they can write it better? ive been sitting on this since the NWCon.

-----------------------

Neverwinter Nights NWCon4: two games infinate possibilities at NeverwinterConnections.com

Started off with a series of online virtual convention events where many special guests atened and showcased off their talents. Sponsors such as the community of Neverwinter Connections, Obsidian Entertainment, Atari Europe , the Neverwinter Nights Podcast and cartoonist Scott Johnson of www.myextralife.com all showed up giving away prizes to gamers online for NWCon4.

A group from RPGmodding.com known as the "Community Tileset Project" (CTP) hosted a bug hunting session where gamers got to experiance while in game a new tileset in development and how the CTP group hunts for errors usen a very simple tracking system that when locations needing developer attention gets marked in-game it feeds to a website with notes to the developers. the players where givin a contest to the top three players that find the most tileset bugs won a free RPG game of "the Witcher' care of Atari Europe. RPGmodding.com is also home to other RPG community made custom content creating groups for games such as "the Witcher", "Dragon Age" and Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2.

A massive amount of online Dungeon Masters of Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2 that where useing NeverwinterConnection.com to schedule host games for players for NWCon4.
NeverwinterConnections is a player matchmacking website that players set their timezone settings with the website and find other online games that takes place when they are ready to game when they are with other players. Dungeon Masters use the DMclient of Neverwinter Nights to customize story and visual adventures along with NPC conversation interactions to the players as the game is being play.

From Fantasy to futuristic Sci-fi with Neverwinter Nights the custom content group known as D20 hosted game sessions and IRC chat sessions for NWCon4. Bioware Employee Georg Zoeller made a guest appearance and turned the online chat room into a mob with many questions for upcoming Bioware CRPG Dragon Age. Internet catoonist Scott Johnson www.myextralife.com NWN2 community members Ayrik and Scorpio held a online class sesson teaching true roleplaying skills for NWN2 roleplaying online gaming. Where players act out the role of their gaming characters. A populer style of gameplay that MMORPG's often attempt to focus on but never acomplished as much in any other games then Neverwinter Nights online for the community its self manages these online game servers for free out of love for actual real Roleplaying and often encourage the real roleplaying behavior. Module builders alike chated with fans of their game such as Lance Botelle that recently one a Debut Author award for his creation "Soulshaker" chated with fans and gamers of his adventure module for Neverwinter Nights. NWN2 persistant world Dasaria held a large Arena battle where winners were to claim real life prizes and others offered a tour of their impresive gameworlds to showcase their detailed area designs and scripting talents.

NWCon was dorment for 3 years. was a large task to bring back to life and Next year the NWCon organizers plan to be more prepared and recruit more staff to prepare for a possible NWCon5 next september and showcase the verity of talents within their game community with events that would appeal to everyone.

Skunkeen
Experienced User

Re: Help please. writer wanted

Post by Skunkeen » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:59 am

this is a highlights article that im wanting to submit to alot of the general gaming news sites that was cool to give word of NWCon4 on their front page. and hope that many of the ones that didnt might do so this time around with.

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:06 pm

Try this. Some of the things in parenthensis are questions I had and shouldn't be included in the final draft:

Neverwinter Nights NWCon4: two games infinite possibilities at NeverwinterConnections.com.

It started years ago with a series of virtual convention events attended by many special guests showcasing their talents. The latest convention, NWCon4, had sponsors such as Obsidian Entertainment, Atari Europe, the Neverwinter Nights Podcast group, cartoonist Scott Johnson of My Extra Life fame (http://www.myexttralife.com), along with members of the NeverwinterConnections (NWC) community who gave their time and effort to the convention. NWC is a player matchmaking service that allows players and hosts to communicate and coordinate game sessions. Some of the features include: a forum for communicating with other players, the ability to set one’s time zone and the ability to schedule games and manage them. A number of Dungeon Masters (DM) from the site used the service to host various campaigns and gatherings for both players and other DMs.

A group from RPGModding.com, known as the Community Tileset Project (CTP), hosted a bug testing session where participants got to experience a new tileset in game while still in development. The CTP team utilized a very simple error tracking system that marks location needing attention and then transmits this information, along with notes, back to the team via their website. A contest was ran where the three players who discovered the most bugs were awarded a copy of the RPG game “The Witcher”, provided by Atari Europe. RPGmodding.com is also host to groups that create custom content for “The Witcher”, “Dragon Age”, and both Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2.

The convention ran the gauntlet of fantasy to futuristic with the custom content group known as D20 hosted futuristic sessions and Internet Relay Chat (IRC) sessions for the convention. Bioware employee Georg Zoeller made a guest appearance in one of the IRC sessions and was quickly inundated with quests about the upcoming Bioware game “Dragon Age”. (write how Georg handled the questions). Scott Johnson, along with community members Ayrik and Scorpio, hosted an online session teaching its participants the techniques of role playing using the NWN 2 engine, where the players become their characters, something that can be very difficult in a Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (MMORPG). Module builders alike chatted with fans of their work, like Lance Botelle, who recently won a Debut Author reward (who gave the award?) for his creation called “Soulshaker”. NWN2 persistent word (PW) Dasaria held a large arena battle where winners could claim prizes. Other PWs offered tours of their impressive game worlds to showcase their detailed area designs and scripting talents.

The conventions were dormant for a number of years until the hard work of the community members brought it back. Next year, the organizers plan to be more prepared and recruit a larger staff for a possible convention next September. NWCon: the possibilities are endless.

Skunkeen
Experienced User

Post by Skunkeen » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:55 am

(looks wicked thank you. ok here is my following up on it. would welcome your help again Gulfwulf for what you think please)

Neverwinter Nights NWCon4: two games infinite possibilities at NeverwinterConnections.com.

It started years ago with a series of virtual convention events attended by many special guests showcasing their talents. The latest convention, NWCon4, had sponsors such as Obsidian Entertainment, Atari Europe, the Neverwinter Nights Podcast group, cartoonist Scott Johnson of My Extra Life fame (http://www.myextralife.com), along with members of the NeverwinterConnections (NWC) community who gave their time and effort to the convention. NWC is a player matchmaking service that allows players and hosts to communicate and coordinate game sessions. Some of the features include: a forum for communicating with other players, the ability to set one’s time zone and the ability to schedule games and manage them. A number of Dungeon Masters (DM) from the site used the service to host various campaigns and gatherings for both players and other DMs.

A group from RPGModding.com, known as the Community Tileset Project (CTP), hosted a bug testing session where participants got to experience a new tileset in game while still in development. The CTP team utilized a very simple error tracking system that marks location needing attention and then transmits this information, along with notes, back to the team via their website. A contest was ran where the three players who discovered the most bugs were awarded a Box of the RPG game “The Witcher”, provided by Atari Europe. RPGmodding.com is also host to groups that create custom content for “The Witcher”, “Dragon Age”, and both Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2.

The convention ran the gauntlet of fantasy to futuristic with the custom content group known as D20 hosted futuristic sessions and Internet Relay Chat (IRC) sessions for the convention. Bioware employee Georg Zoeller made a guest appearance in one of the IRC sessions and was quickly inundated with questions about the upcoming Bioware game “Dragon Age”. Answering each question one by one exciting future community module builders. Scott Johnson spoke about his Podcast show and online comics production that surprise us of the process. Community members Ayrik and Scorpio, hosted an online session teaching its participants the techniques of role playing using the NWN 2 engine, where the players become their characters, something that can be very difficult in a Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (MMORPG). Module builders alike chatted with fans of their work, like Lance Botelle, who recently won a Debut Author Golden Dragon Award from the Academy for Modding Excellence (AME) for his creation called “Soulshaker”. NWN2 persistent world (PW) Dasaria held a large arena battle where winners could claim prizes. Other PWs offered tours of their impressive game worlds to showcase their detailed area designs and scripting talents.

The conventions were dormant for a number of years until the hard work of the community members brought it back. Next year, the organizers plan to be more prepared and recruit a larger staff for a possible convention next September. NWCon: the possibilities are endless.

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:52 pm

I'm not a copywriter, Skunkeen, so I would rather somebody else took a crack at it first. I'll take a look at it sometime later, though, and see if there's anything else I think should be changed. I think somebody like Dane would be a better choice because of his advertising background - mine's mostly as a tech writer. :geek:

Dane Bramage
Expert Poster

Post by Dane Bramage » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:39 am

i'll be glad to give it a look see once i get back from vacation next week. i'll be back on tuesday if you can wait that long.

Skunkeen
Experienced User

Post by Skunkeen » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:14 pm

sure and thank you. I will aim for the 22nd to start mailing out what ever we have here.

Dane Bramage
Expert Poster

Post by Dane Bramage » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:05 pm

okay... some comments. the first paragraph needed the most work. i think a bit more description of the Con and what it is is needed. Also, I think the sponsors should be mentioned last in the paragraph.

i also reworked some of the paragraphs to remove other issues and improve flow. I also broke up the middle paragraphs to make it easier to read.

I also changed the last paragraph. i don't think it's wise to say that the conventions were dormant for years. not the point. keep it positive. also thought it was prudent to mention the main organizers.

let me know what you think. i can run the comb through it again if you want.
Starting several years ago, the NWCon is a series of online conventions showcasing some of the best talent in the Neverwinter Nights world. Events ranged from DMed game sessions, in game contests and tours to IRC chats with special guests and community builders sharing their talent and creations with the rest of us. Neverwinter Connections (NWC) has been an important part of NWCon since its inception and continues to serve the community as a player matchmaking service allowing players and game hosts to communicate and coordinate game sessions. Some of the features include a forum for communicating with other players, the ability to set one’s time zone and the ability to schedule games and manage them. A number of Dungeon Masters (DM) from the site used the service to host various campaigns and gatherings for both players and other DMs. The latest convention, NWCon4, was sponsored by Obsidian Entertainment, Atari Europe, the Neverwinter Nights Podcast group, cartoonist Scott Johnson of My Extra Life fame (http://www.myextralife.com), along with members of the NWC community who gave their time and effort to the convention.

Events at the convention fell into a range of categories from high fantasy and futuristic sci-fi game sessions, Internet Relay Chat round table discussions and in game seminars. Highlights of these events include game sessions and IRC round table discussions with the custom content group D20. D20 has created “total conversion” of the NWN game system for games set in a modern or futuristic setting.

A group from RPGModding.com, known as the Community Tileset Project (CTP), hosted a bug testing session where participants got to experience a new tileset in game while still in development. The CTP team utilized a very simple error tracking system that marks location needing attention and then transmits this information, along with notes, back to the team via their website. A contest was ran where the three players who discovered the most bugs were awarded a Box of the RPG game “The Witcher”, provided by Atari Europe. RPGmodding.com is also host to groups that create custom content for “The Witcher”, “Dragon Age”, and both Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2.

Bioware employee Georg Zoeller made a guest appearance in one IRC sessions and was quickly inundated with questions about the upcoming Bioware game “Dragon Age”. George answered each question one by one creating excitement in future community module builders.

Scott Johnson spoke about his Podcast show (Extra Life Radio) and talked at length of the process of creating online comics.

Community members Ayrik and Scorpio hosted an online session teaching its participants the techniques of role playing using the NWN 2 engine in an online game. Hallmark of a role play based game the players become their characters and experience the game as their characters would. This is something that can be very difficult to achieve in a Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (MMORPG).

Module builders were also on hand to chat with fans of their work, such as Lance Botelle, who recently won a Debut Author Golden Dragon Award from the Academy for Modding Excellence (AME) for his creation called “Soulshaker”.

NWN2 persistent world (PW) Dasaria held a large arena battle where the winners could claim prizes. Other PWs offered tours of their impressive game worlds to showcase their detailed area designs and scripting talents.

The next convention is already being discussed, and the staff is looking forward to creating an even more exciting weekend the next time around. We hope that you will be there to enjoy it with us. Special thanks go out to all the community members that worked so hard to pull this all together. Karvon, NWCon Organizer, Skunkeen, Public Relations / Advertising, Dira, Chat Coordinator and all the sponsors that made the Con possible – we hope to see you next September. NWCon: the possibilities are endless.

Skunkeen
Experienced User

Post by Skunkeen » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:27 pm

Dira told us he quit the game like a week before the con. going to add you in there with me Dane and put the url for NWConnections at the end.
thank you Gulfwulf and Dane! looks Wicked!

Dane Bramage
Expert Poster

Post by Dane Bramage » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:40 pm

bah... i don't deserve a mention. i bailed on ya... no credit for me. :roll:

glad to help with the article tho. anytime.