Backup - NWCon Chats and Seminars

Online Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2 Convention - Get Your Dungeons and Dragons Multiplayer Fix
Karvon
Forum God
Backup - NWCon Chats and Seminars

Post by Karvon » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:14 pm

The following is an initial archieve to the forum posts on NWC

Chat Events for NWCon

dira

« on: Jun 9, 2008, 10:04PM» Return To Top Quote Quote
If you would like to be the subject of a IRC round table discussion please send me a PM.

What I have so far:
Friday September 26th:
-Nothing so far

Saturday September 27th:
-Nothing so far

Sunday September 28th:
-Nothing so far

I will be in contact with Obsidian and Bioware to see if I can get them to have a chat with us about NWN and NWN2. Also if people from CEP and DMFI and any other custom content creator would like to discuss there upcomming ideas and releases also contact me.

I need someone who a server admin of the Neverwinter Connections IRC server to contact me as well. If you have any advice or want to be the subject of discussion just PM me or you can email me at:

dcoolbomber @ comcast . net

Also can a moderator please make this a sticky thread.

PS- I prefer a PM over a post to the thread but either is fine.

---------------------------

dira

« on: Jun 10, 2008, 6:05AM» Return To Top Quote Quote
UPDATE: I have talked to the owner of nwn2source.net and he is willing to let us use his IRC server for NWNCon so A big thanks to Grinning Fool for your help.

------------------------

dira

« on: Jun 10, 2008, 7:05AM» Return To Top Quote Quote
REQUEST: I am looking also for some DM's who would like to share there knowledge in a Q&A or Round table discussion in IRC for NWCon. If you are interested let me know.

--------------------------

Carlo One

« on: Jun 10, 2008, 10:34AM» Return To Top Quote Quote
Tsunami282 posted earlier http://www.neverwinterconnections.com/f ... age/60.htm that he'd be willing to do a DMFI developer chat, I think he just needs to pick a suitable day/time.

Thanks for taking on the IRC part!

P.S. I'd be willing to participate in a DM roundtable, depending on the timing; I've committed to running games Saturday and Sunday so far. If there's a bunch of other DMs who sign up for chat, I'd probably be superfluous.

--------------------------------------

Khaveen

« on: Jun 10, 2008, 1:02PM» Return To Top Quote Quote
on Jun 9, 2008, 10:05 PM, dira wrote:
REQUEST: I am looking also for some DM's who would like to share there knowledge in a Q&A or Round table discussion in IRC for NWCon. If you are interested let me know.

I'd be happy to participate.

What about having 3 sub-sessions on DMing...

1) NWN1 Tips and Tricks
2) NWN2 Tips and Tricks
3) DMing and Storytelling

...the idea being that 1 and 2 are more technical, and 3 is more theoretical and could apply to either engine or to PnP DMing.

------------------

dira

« on: Jun 13, 2008, 5:21AM» Return To Top Quote Quote
I will be gone until July 5th. If you want to contact me just send me a message but it will take a while for me to respond. I am getting ready to come back home from New Zealand so I am extreamly busy.

----------------------

karvon

List of Possible Chat/Seminars
« on: Jun 20, 2008, 4:58PM» Return To Top Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove
As Dira's away atm, I'm taking the liberty to post a list of potential themes/topics for chats and seminars. These include a few suggested thus far in threads here on NWC, as well as a few I've approached privately via email/PMs.

In particular, I'd like to see more ideas for NWN2 related topics. I'm not very familiar with groups working on NWN2 stuff, so input here would be appreciated.

Some of these would be done via IRC, some via dedicated mod, or perhaps in The Welcome Inn.

I have a surprise chat I'm working on as well, but will hold off on revealing it until after I contact the parties involved to see if they are available and willing to participate.

If you'd be interested in helping with any of these, or have additional themes or groups which you'd like to see included, please feel free to add them.

Thanks

Karvon
NWNCon 4 - Organizer

------------------------

Generic:

1. * NWNPodcast
2. Golden Dragons AME
3. Developing DM'd Campaigns
4. * Developing PWs
5. DMing and Storytelling
6. * DMFI Projects Seminar
7. WotC D&D 4
8. HoF Players Round Table
9. HoF DM Round Table
10. NWC - Past and Future
11. IRC & NWN

NWN1:

1. * DMFI DM Training Seminars
2. * CEP Team
3. Mod D20
4. Bioware
5. * DM Picnic - Sojourney
6. Builders Corner
7. PRC
8. Mastering console commands for DMs.

NWN2:

1. DMFI DM Training Seminars
2. Obsidian
3. DM Tricks and Tips
4. Builders Corner

* indicate ones which folks have committed to.
----------------------------------------------------

Ashercon

« on: Jun 24, 2008, 10:11AM» Return To Top Quote Quote
The NWN Podcast would love to slot in a live Round Table on SpypeCast. We would record it and include in an episode shortly after NWNCon4.

We could do any of the subjects listed or lets us know and we can think of one!
-----------------------------------------------

karvon

« on: Jun 24, 2008, 9:22PM» Return To Top Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove
I'm not familiar with Skypecast, but am certainly open to any and all suggestions on ways of holding chats and seminars during the con.

Additional topics or themes are also welcome. I merely put forward a few previously suggested, some I'm developing and a few I thought others might like to see.

Karvon
NWCon 4 Organizer

----------------------------------

Jfoxtail

« on: Jun 25, 2008, 1:42AM» Return To Top Quote Quote
On the NWN2 side I would think you might add some basic builders to the mix...i.e. to do a round table.

Theres a group called Parents Gaming Council or some such thing... they have a blog ...invite them to discuss building in NWN2 without being distracted into a pro or anti NWN1 diatribe.

Phoenixus "Tragidy in Tragodor" also has a dev blog IIRC. Supposed to be doing amazing exteriors without corruption and in short time frames..another old NWN hand at the 2 game.

Ernie Noah - ENoa has a dev blog too. Another builder in 2 that could speak to maximization of the toolset?

Just thoughts
----------------------------------

karvon

« on: Jul 7, 2008, 4:03PM» Return To Top Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove
Appreciate the heads-up on some of the various NWN2 groups as I'm not up on NWN2 stuff at all. Hopefully when Dira returns from his vacation, he'll be able to start developing some of these a bit more for us.

Karvon
NWCon 4 Organizer

-----------------------------------

Jfoxtail

« on: Jul 15, 2008, 9:47AM» Return To Top Quote Quote
Karvon... hey

PM me at the bioware boards. Jfoxtail there as well.

I cant say I personally know all these guys - but perhaps I can message them through Bioware boards.

Additionally most the old single player hall of fame builders do have blog sites... I could send them PMs through their blogs and Bioware.

Phoenixus - Tragidy in Tragidor - NWN1 and 2

Ernie Noah - ENOA - the floating city series and a couple of great PnP conversions.

Alazander Hugie and Tiberius at Osian. I used to exchange messages with them a lot.

The Parents Game Council. I dont know them but they seem very approachable in their blog and would be a good groups to start with.

Most of these blog links are found as link on Enoa blog...

NWN Vault>NWN2 mods>B2 Keep on Border land conversion or Tamochin>Enoa>click on this siggy in the link.

I dont know anyone at Obsidian.

On the NWN1 side -

Old Fester Pot seems near his Almraven successor - Shadewood. Simple awesom and an AME winner.

Elven Rogue made a mod called pawn of the Shadovar and seems to be completing Eyes of Ellistrae... an ambitious porject for NWN1.

Drop me a line - I will be happy to be a front man.

--------------------------------------

Axe Murderer

« on: Jul 16, 2008, 5:33AM» Return To Top Quote Quote
If you're looking for a NWN1 scripter type to sit in on one you can get in touch with me either by e-mail or PM me over at the Bioware forums.

--------------------------------------------------

karvon

« on: Jul 16, 2008, 6:17AM» Return To Top Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove
Thanks Axe and Jfoxtail, for your offers, email/PM sent.

Karvon
NWCon 4 Organizer

----------------------------------------------------

Jfoxtail

« on: Jul 20, 2008, 9:26PM» Return To Top Quote Quote
6 of 12 people contacted..

2 replies

Hugie of Ossian fame, NWN1 fame, NWN2 fame would be interested in more details re: travel - so drop me a line.

Dirtywick of the Red Wizards of Thay mod in 2 is also after more info.

I have encouraged then to sign up at connections to lurk on our boards here.

---------------------------------------------------

karvon

« on: Jul 22, 2008, 1:13PM» Return To Top Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove
As I mentioned to you in PM, there is no travel time as the con is ONLINE

We can arrange times to match the schedules of our guest speakers, though we may have to find some middle ground if we have a number of participants in one event.

Once again, thanks to those helping out in recruiting and arranging the chats and seminars.

Karvon
NWCon 4 Organizer

---------------------------------------------------------

Poetic Colossus

« on: Jul 22, 2008, 1:17PM» Return To Top Quote Quote
I doubt anyone would show up to hang out with a hack such as myself, but if you need some more help as far as speakers, etc, maybe I could talk about breaking into the video game industry - and using NWN to do it!

------------------------------------------------

karvon

« on: Jul 22, 2008, 3:34PM» Return To Top Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove
PC, I'd think that would be an interesting chat actually There are a number of folk who've gotten into the industry via cc development I believe. Would be interesting to hear their take on things.

Karvon

------------------------------------------------------

Katarina Dragonstar

« on: Jul 30, 2008, 4:47AM» Return To Top Quote Quote
If you need a DM for NWN1 chat, I would be happy to participate.

---------------------------------------------------------

LIONofHUME

« on: Jul 30, 2008, 6:21AM» Return To Top Quote Quote
I'll join PC and Katarina Dragonstar for some of that.

--------------------------------------------------------

karvon

« on: Aug 2, 2008, 8:44PM» Return To Top Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove
Thanks folks for your offers to join in a chat for DMs for NWN1, these are so noted

We're in the process of sorting out the chat and seminar schedule a bit more, and hope to post some more concrete updates in the coming week.

We do hope to have more folks step up and contribute to these; review the list of suggested topics and if you see one or more that you might be qualified and interested in helping out with.

In addition, we will need some folks willing to act as moderators for some panels as well. If you have experience/interest in this, please let us know.

The con will only be as successful as YOU make it

Karvon
NWCon 4 - Organizer

---------------------------------------------

Beothul

« on: Aug 3, 2008, 7:48AM» Return To Top Quote Quote
changing the subject a little bit - what about marketing and getting the word out? You are 100% right that this will be as successful as the community makes it, but some of that is not playing, DMing, chatting, etc. but spreading the word. Is NW Connections and NWVault enough? (maybe they are, I don't know.)

Can Bio and Obs send emails to all registered users to announce (might be a bit heavy handed even if they can)? What about getting the logo on as many websites as possible (these builder sites, on Bio and Obs, on the NWLexicon, and maybe even the 3.5 SRD sites, etc.)

Just trying to think expansively. Would be glad to help on this (rather than be in charge), caveat being that I have not been too active in NW community for 1.5-2 years, and dont know many who are. Will say that I posted threads on 2 of the larger (in the "old" days) guilds of which I was a member on the Bio Boards.

-----------------------------------------

karvon

« on: Aug 3, 2008, 5:47PM» Return To Top Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove
We've actually done some PR work, with initial postings in Bioware forums for NWN1 and NWN2 in addition to those on NWVault. We've got a basic webpage up and it's underdevelopment. NWNPodcast group has plugged the con in some of their shows and are planning to do one or two shows focusing on the upcoming con.

Skunkeen has taken the lead role for PR and I'm sure he'd welcome your assistance. If you'd like to lend a hand in this, drop him a PM.

Thanks for your interest,

Karvon
NWCon 4 - Organizer