Backup - NWCon DM/Organizers

Online Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2 Convention - Get Your Dungeons and Dragons Multiplayer Fix
Karvon
Forum God
Backup - NWCon DM/Organizers

Post by Karvon » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:26 pm

The following is an initial archieve to the forum posts on NWC

NWCon 4 DMs/Organizers

karvon

« on: Jun 8, 2008, 7:30PM» Return To Top Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove
I'm starting this thread to sort out DM/Organizer specific issues, questions and comments related to our upcoming NWCon 4.

To start off, please use the following format for the title of your event:

NWCon 4 - (version) - (type) - (event title)

Suggested main types:

Contest - Players competing for top score.
Game - typical 1 shot adventure.
PW Event - session set in PW.
Seminar - 1+ main speakers; 0-15 min Q&A
Chat - 1+ main speakers; 15 min+ Q&A

Other types?

So a sample entry...

NWCon 4 - NWN1 - Contest - The Pillaging of Waycrest.

Also, for those planning to host events, feel free to begin scheduling these on the NWC calender as that will give us ideas of which slots are going to be active. We can of course have multiple events running at the same time, but ideally, we'd like to provide as many events in as many different slots as possible to maximize the options folks have thru out the weekend.

Thanks

Karvon

« Last Edit: on: Jun 8, 2008, 10:42PM »
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

karvon

« on: Jun 9, 2008, 7:40AM» Return To Top Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove
This is a rough schedule of events drawn from postings made thus far.

Times are in GMT/UTC

Fri. Sept 26
NWN1 - Social - Welcome Inn - Dane Bramage
NWN1 - Contest - The Pillaging of Waycrest - Karvon - Midnite to 1 AM
NWN? - vanya mia - 8 PM to ?
NWN1 - PW Game - Trouble with Trolls - GM_ODA - 10 PM to 1 AM
NWN1 - PW Event - Sojourney
NWN1 - PW Event - The Dragon and I - Poetic Colossus

Sat. Sept 27
NWN1 - Contest - The Pillaging of Waycrest - Karvon - 10 AM to 11 AM
NWN1 - PW Game - Fornol Realms - StrikerB - 2 PM to 6 PM
NWN? - vanya mia - 3 PM to ?
NWN1 - PW Game - Out of Madness - GM_ODA - 4 PM to 6:30 PM
NWN1 - Contest - Fighters Challenge - LIONofHUME
NWN1 - Contest - Clerics Challenge - LIONofHUME
NWN1 - Seminar - Sojourney hosts DM Picnic
NWN1 - PW Event/Contest - Cain Lethellon's Wondrous Theater of Inebriated Players - Poetic Colossus
NWN1 - "Fleet Street DMs - Penumbria"

NWN2 - Game - Desperate Measures: NWN2 Edition - Carlo One

Sun. Sept 28
NWN1 - Contest - The Pillaging of Waycrest - Karvon - 2 PM to 3 PM
NWN? - vanya mia - 2 PM to ?
NWN1 - PW Game - With Roguish Delight - GM_ODA - 4 PM to 6:30 PM
NWN1 - Contest - The Pillaging of Waycrest - Karvon - 9 PM to 10 PM
NWN1 - Contest - Wizards Challenge - LIONofHUME
NWN1 - Contest - Rogues Challenge - LIONofHUME
NWN1 - Seminar - Sojourney hosts DM Picnic
NWN1 - PW Event - Sojourney
NWN1 - "Fleet Street DMs - Penumbria"

NWN2 - Game - TBD - Carlo One

Day(s) Undecided

NWN1 - Mod D20 - XCom - Mulu
NWN1 - Game - Search for the legendary Desert Blade (original version)- TOJTS
NWN1 - Mod D20 one-shot Cyborg Factory - Gulfwulf/Purple Puppy
NWN1 - Game - To be decided - Dane Bramage
NWN1 - Game- To be decided - mannedoc
NWN1 - PW event - to be decided - Skunkeen
NWN1 - PW event - ALFA - Waterdeep - Sandermann
NWN1 - PW events - Gallows Birds - Khaveen

NWN2 - Game - Search for the legendary Desert Blade (2nd ed)- TOJTS
NWN2 - Game - To be decided - TOJTS
NWN2 - Multiday game - Greyhawk - NWN DM
NWN2 - PW event - ALFA - Lusipher
NWN2 - Game - To be decided - Grinning Fool

Karvon

« Last Edit: on: Aug 3, 2008, 9:14AM »

---------------------------------------------------------

Carlo One

« on: Jun 9, 2008, 9:21AM» Return To Top Quote Quote
Saturday

NWN2 - Game - Desperate Measures: NWN2 Edition

Sunday

NWN2 - Game - TBD

-------------------------------------------------------

Katarina Dragonstar

« on: Jun 11, 2008, 2:41AM» Return To Top Quote Quote
Friday:

NWN1 - Sojourney PW Event

Saturday:

NWN1 - Sojourney hosts DM Picnic

Sunday:

NWN1 - Sojourney hosts DM Picnic

NWN1 - Other PW Events to be determined.

« Last Edit: on: Jun 10, 2008, 5:41PM »
----------------------------------------------------------------

Poetic Colossus

« on: Jun 11, 2008, 4:10AM» Return To Top Quote Quote
Friday:

NWN1 - PW Event - The Dragon and I - Poetic Colossus

Saturday:

NWN1 - PW Event/Contest - Cain Lethellon's Wondrous Theater of Inebriated Players - Poetic Colossus

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Mulu

« on: Jun 15, 2008, 7:50AM» Return To Top Quote Quote
It'll likely be September before I can commit on specific day/time, though I plan on running some XCOM one shots with a new build of the mod.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

karvon

« on: Jun 15, 2008, 8:34AM» Return To Top Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove
Excellent, Mulu, I'm hoping we have a few other DMs who'll run some alternative NWN one shots based on Mod D20, Firefly and the like.

Karvon
---------------------------------------------------------------

Gulfwulf

« on: Jun 15, 2008, 8:54AM» Return To Top Quote Quote
Depending on my work schedule, I may run the d20 one-shot Cyborg Factory, though I'll need to update it to the latest version first.

---------------------------------------------------

Purple Puppy

« on: Jun 17, 2008, 2:24PM» Return To Top Quote Quote
I might co-DM with GW if he decides to run that one-shot. And I might be able to co-DM some one-shots with other people depending on the times, though probably won't be able to do the Sunday.

----------------------------------------------------

Gulfwulf

« on: Jun 18, 2008, 4:54AM» Return To Top Quote Quote
Sounds good to me, Purple.

Dane Bramage

« on: Jun 18, 2008, 7:52AM» Return To Top Quote Quote
if i can figure out how to structure it and make it interesting, i'll have a gladitorial tournament at the Welcome Inn.

i will also see about having some round table discussions at the Inn. not sure about what yet.

and i'll host at least one DMed game.

--------------------------------------------------------

LIONofHUME

« on: Jun 20, 2008, 4:33PM» Return To Top Quote Quote
If you need a hand Friday evening for anything DB I'll put myself at your disposal.

Dane Bramage

« on: Jun 20, 2008, 11:19PM» Return To Top Quote Quote
Sweet... thanks for the offer Lion. I'll surely take you up on it.

---------------------------------------------------

TOJTS

« on: Jul 6, 2008, 4:01PM» Return To Top Quote Quote
Saturday and/or Sunday (some possibilities)

NWN2 - Game - Search for the legendary Desert Blade ("2nd edition"

NWN2 - Game - To be decided

NWN - Game - Search for the legendary Desert Blade (original version)

I'll decide closer to the date

-----------------------------------------------------

vanya mia

« on: Jul 6, 2008, 10:34PM» Return To Top Quote Quote
My commitment is still a little tentative, families have that affect I'm afraid, but I'll try for a Friday evening 9:00 p.m. onwards, 3.p.m. Saturday and 3 p.m. Sunday. All times GMT. Might throw another in Midnight onwards on the Friday if either the Saturday or Sunday become untenable.

As there seem to be a few arena type sessions on the list, I'll make at least two, if not all three, of those one off stories. Hopefully at least one of them in D20 and another in NWN2. Actual content to be decided when I have decided!

On another note, might it be an idea for the times of the scheduled events above to be tied down a bit? Reading the list it looks like there'll be plenty to do, but if it turns out they are all timed for 8 p.m. EST then it's a little less so.

« Last Edit: on: Jul 6, 2008, 1:42PM »
--------------------------------------------------------------

karvon

« on: Jul 7, 2008, 3:15PM» Return To Top Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove
Good suggestions on times, though at this point, most events have not actually been finalized to this degree.

I've added times in GMT to those events on the schedule above already on the NWC Calender. As I see them posted to, or as I'm informed by their organizer, I'll update the others.

Karvon
NWCon 4 Organizer

« Last Edit: on: Jul 7, 2008, 6:50AM »
------------------------------------------------------------------

karvon

« on: Aug 2, 2008, 8:55PM» Return To Top Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove
Hmm... a month's passed and no new posts or more specific times forthcoming. We're less than two months out now, so start contemplating more seriously time slots for your events, those of you who've not done so thus far

...otherwise, I may start rattling cages on an individual basis

Karvon
NWCon 4 - Organizer

-----------------------------------------------------------

SweeneyTodd

« on: Aug 3, 2008, 4:55PM» Return To Top Quote Quote
You can put "Fleet Street DMs - Penumbria" down for a slot on Saturday and Sunday. Those will be DMed games. Any time in the evening is probably fine.

------------------------------------------------------

karvon

« on: Aug 3, 2008, 6:20PM» Return To Top Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove
I've gone back thru the various con threads and tried to update our main list at the top of the thread of gaming sessions planned. I've added a list of those which folks have tentatively planned to run, but haven't finalized on days or other specifics yet.

Please inform me of any changes or mistakes I may have made.

Appreciate all who've stepped up thus far, and we are happy to welcome more

Karvon
NWCon 4 - Organizer

Urk

Re: Backup - NWCon DM/Organizers

Post by Urk » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:25 pm

Posted to NWC

I figured I'll run an event. Haven't decided on a time, but I'd like to roll out my new 1.69/2.1 version of Rel Mord.

NWCon 4 - NWN1 - Contest - Urk's Greyhawk: Thieves Night Out

This is a scavenger hunt, not a PVP contest.

The last thing the City of Rel Mord needs is more problems. Between a major infestation of rats and other vermin in the sewers and a recent influx of refugees, the city Sentinels are strained past the breaking point. They can no longer keep the homeless confined to the slums, and now the bravest of the cities newest residents are even taking up residence in the haunted district.

Some devious souls have taken this opportunity to wreak havoc among the cities lesser nobles and wealthy merchants. In a single night not less than 10 of Rel Mord's wealthy citizens have been burgled! Is it a coincidence that rabble-rousers in the docks and slum areas have stirred up the brewing dissent in the poorer districts and the entire city is being roamed by angry bands of thugs?

The hue and cry has gone up. The Captain of the Guard has been commissioned by the King's brother himself to hire adventurers to help Rel Mord's gilded citizenry recover their property while the city guard restores order. Whomever recovers the most goods will be Squired by the prince and further rewarded with (victor's choice) either a lifetime membership as a Royal legacy to Rel Mord University or one of the finest mounts in the kingdom... a black warhorse from the royal stables with full plate barding!

Dragonstar
Veteran Poster

Re: Backup - NWCon DM/Organizers

Post by Dragonstar » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:10 am

Sojourney: The Bloodstone Lands are going to be offering four seminars, as well as a PW event which will be posted in the next day or so.

NWC4 - NWN1 - MP101 - Seminar Sojourney: The Bloodstone Lands will be hosting a tips-n-tricks seminar for those who might be new to multi-player games, regardless of whether that might be on a persistent world or a run through some of the wonderful modules on the Vault.

MP101, Saturday 9/27:
http://nwn.game-connections.com/games/i ... /29900.htm

MP101, Sunday 9/28:
http://nwn.game-connections.com/games/i ... /29901.htm

On the other hand, if you want to know more about what goes on behind the scenes from a gamemaster's perspective or want to just meet and chat with other DMs in the game, then Sojourney is also hosting:

NWC4 - NWN1 - DM Picnic - Seminar

DM Picnic Saturday 9/27:
http://nwn.game-connections.com/games/i ... /29898.htm

DM Picnic, Sunday 9/28:
http://nwn.game-connections.com/games/i ... /29899.htm

Karvon
Forum God

Re: Backup - NWCon DM/Organizers pt2

Post by Karvon » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:52 pm

Urk

« on: Aug 21, 2008, 3:22AM» Return To Top Quote Quote
I figured I'll run an event. Haven't decided on a time, but I'd like to roll out my new 1.69/2.1 version of Rel Mord.

NWCon 4 - NWN1 - Contest - Urk's Greyhawk: Thieves Night Out

This is a scavenger hunt, not a PVP contest.

The last thing the City of Rel Mord needs is more problems. Between a major infestation of rats and other vermin in the sewers and a recent influx of refugees, the city Sentinels are strained past the breaking point. They can no longer keep the homeless confined to the slums, and now the bravest of the cities newest residents are even taking up residence in the haunted district.

Some devious souls have taken this opportunity to wreak havoc among the cities lesser nobles and wealthy merchants. In a single night not less than 10 of Rel Mord's wealthy citizens have been burgled! Is it a coincidence that rabble-rousers in the docks and slum areas have stirred up the brewing dissent in the poorer districts and the entire city is being roamed by angry bands of thugs?

The hue and cry has gone up. The Captain of the Guard has been commissioned by the King's brother himself to hire adventurers to help Rel Mord's gilded citizenry recover their property while the city guard restores order. Whomever recovers the most goods will be Squired by the prince and further rewarded with (victor's choice) either a lifetime membership as a Royal legacy to Rel Mord University or one of the finest mounts in the kingdom... a black warhorse from the royal stables with full plate barding!

--------------

Purple Puppy

« on: Aug 21, 2008, 11:45PM» Return To Top Quote Quote
on Jun 14, 2008, 11:54 PM, Gulfwulf wrote:
I may run the d20 one-shot.

So, what's the plan for this now, is it going ahead or is it dropped? Just want to know, 'cos we're getting close to Sept now!

----------------

Gulfwulf

« on: Aug 22, 2008, 9:12AM» Return To Top Quote Quote
Just let me know when you're free and we'll go from there, Purple.

--------------

Purple Puppy

« on: Aug 22, 2008, 12:56PM» Return To Top Quote Quote
Well, I'm free the Friday (after the TDV session), so what times can you manage?

How about a few hours after TDV? Or if that's too late, I guess we could skip a session of TDV and take that time slot.

----------------

vanya mia

« on: Aug 22, 2008, 4:45PM» Return To Top Quote Quote
Not sure if this is the thread this should go in, but the D20 chat session is set up.

http://www.neverwinterconnections.com/g ... /29805.htm

As a question, should we be putting these up in Player Connection or will there be a specific thread?

--------------------

Dane Bramage

« on: Aug 22, 2008, 10:08PM» Return To Top Quote Quote
on Aug 22, 2008, 7:45 AM, vanya mia wrote:
As a question, should we be putting these up in Player Connection or will there be a specific thread?

That's a good question, vanya. i suppose we could start a game listing thread. might make it easier for people to find games for the Con.

------------------

karvon

« on: Aug 23, 2008, 1:49AM» Return To Top Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove
That's a good idea, I'll create such a thread and event organizers can post there with links to their event page in the game calender.

Karvon
NWCon 4 - Organizer

-------------------

Gulfwulf

« on: Aug 23, 2008, 8:07AM» Return To Top Quote Quote
on Aug 22, 2008, 3:56 AM, Purple Puppy wrote:
Well, I'm free the Friday (after the TDV session), so what times can you manage?

How about a few hours after TDV? Or if that's too late, I guess we could skip a session of TDV and take that time slot.

An hour or two after TDV normally starts is fine, but I think we should skip TDV that night for logisitic reasons. I'll set it up tomorrow.

-----------------

karvon

« on: Aug 23, 2008, 11:13PM» Return To Top Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove
The overview of events thus far scheduled and announced has been updated. Those of you planning to run events, should aim to finalize things over the next couple of weeks, as we'd like to have a fairly finalized slate of events posted in the calender 2 weeks before the con.

Also please try to remember to follow the title template of NWCon 4 - version - type - title to make it easier for folks to figure out what kind of event you're planning.

Thanks again to all of you who're providing events for the con.

Karvon
NWCon 4 - Organizer

------------------------

Purple Puppy

« on: Aug 24, 2008, 11:26AM» Return To Top Quote Quote
on Aug 22, 2008, 11:07 PM, Gulfwulf wrote:
on Aug 22, 2008, 3:56 AM, Purple Puppy wrote:

An hour or two after TDV normally starts is fine, but I think we should skip TDV that night for logisitic reasons. I'll set it up tomorrow.

Okay.

-----------------

karvon

Posting NWCon 4 Events
« on: Sep 6, 2008, 7:23AM» Return To Top Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove
Greetings,

NWCon 4 is just 3 weeks away now and we'd like to try to flesh out and start finalizing the list of planned events for the weekend. A few have already completed both these steps, but please review to insure you've not overlooked anything.

I'd request that each event organizer do the following.

1. Add your event to the NWC Game Schedule.

a) For those new to scheduling, you'll find the link on the front page on the left side under the heading Create.
b) You are free to provide as much or as little info on your event as you like. However, the more details and essentials that you cover, the better.
c) Please follow the title template of NWCon4-version-type-title, to make it easier for folks to figure out what kind of event you're planning.
d) If you've not finalized on a time slot, you may want to take a look at what's already scheduled to minimize overlaps and help fill out the schedule.
e) If you're using any haks or custom content, please post links to these and check to make sure the links work to minimize player drop outs due to problems with missing cc.

2. Post the event in NWC Forums under Player Connection in the NWCon 4 Event Advertising folder.

a) Use your event title in the subject line.
b) You are free to provide as much or as little info on your event as you like. However, the more details and essentials that you cover, the better.
c) If you're using any haks or custom content, please post links to these and check to make sure the links work to minimize player drop outs due to problems with missing cc.
d) Please cut and paste the link from your game page in NWC Game Schedule to your notice, so folks can easily jump to where they can sign up.

While I realize some may have RL issues which make their schedules uncertain, ideally, I'd like to see proposed events all posted by Sept 12, giving potential participants two weeks to review and sign up.

If you have any questions or need any help with any of this, feel free to drop me a note.

Thanks again for your interest and support of NWCon 4,

Sincerely

Karvon
NWCon 4 Organizer