List for Players/DMs seeking campaigns

A place to discuss news stories from the front page.
Venture
Site Admin
List for Players/DMs seeking campaigns

Post by Venture » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:33 am

(From the front page)

The site has some new beta functionality. Instead of just allowing DMs who run campaigns to list those campaigns, the site now also allows players and DMs to indicate whether or not they are looking to join a campaign. On the main part of the site (not the forums), click the "My account" link, then select the Profile tab. There, you will be able to indicate your availability for joining campaigns as a player or DM, along with other information about your campaign interests.

In the main menu, you will also see links to display those players and DMs who are looking to join a campaign. The most recently updated entries will float to the top of the lists.

You can always go back to your profile, and change your status to add or remove yourself from any of the lists.

Remember, to be able to be contacted by e-mail (for example, by a DM asking you to join a campaign), click the "Edit" tab in "My Account", and check the box next to "Personal contact form." Other users will not be able to see your e-mail address, but they will be able to send you an e-mail via a contact form when they visit your profile. We will only ever use your e-mail address for site notifications such as that. We won't ever disseminate your e-mail address to anyone else.

Venture
Site Admin

Re: List for Players/DMs seeking campaigns

Post by Venture » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:36 pm

I had to go in and modify Neverwinter Nights and Neverwinter Nights 2 to "NWN" and "NWN2" in the profile form, to get the output to display properly in the sidebar. I went in and manually changed the settings (for example, from Neverwinter Nights to NWN) for the 4 players who updated their profiles overnight. If you notice any problems with my changes, message me here.