Playthrough of the greatest RP campaign story ever told.

A place to announce new campaigns, announce openings in current campaigns, or announce other news about a campaign.
childofthesun32
Newbie Poster
Playthrough of the greatest RP campaign story ever told.

Post by childofthesun32 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:07 am

Hi, I'm looking for 1 or 2 players to start up a campaign of The Prophet series to play in relaxed, friendly and passionate roleplay. Absolutely no rushing around... I want to take our time. My idea of roleplay is not all the "improv actor" stuff but merely treating the NPCs and events as real and using the actual ingame events as a source of roleplay chatter. I'm not saying we have to have IC imaginary conversations with the NPCs but we have to pretend that things matter and that it's not just a game to be "meta-gamed" through. I despise rushing around just looking for loot and monsters to kill quickly and if you do this... I probably won't want to play with you ever again. I like to /walk.... Running and rushing is ok when it makes RP sense to hurry. But most of the time we will be /walking and maybe chatting about our quest and motivations.
The Prophet series is a 4-part mega campaign. It is the benchmark for which all NWN RP-Adventure campaigns should be judged and I challenge anyone who has played it to tell me a better campaign out there. (As I want to play THEM too!).
I've already RP'd my way through The Prophet with a friend and our minds were truly blown. The Prophet is a HUGE campaign that has virtually no side-quests whatsoever.. The entire thing is Main Quest from start to finish. The story is amazing.. The twists are amazing... The characters are amazing. I dare any RPer to play through it RP then try to give it less than 10 out 10.
There WERE a couple of bugs that required me to get out my laptop to use the DM tool to fix things, which was very fiddly... But the campaign is so good that any and all technical glitches are irrelevant.
I can be available pretty much anytime for play (I exist beyond the concept of Timezones).
I prefer to play a cleric but will happily play something else. Only one character is The Prophet, the other's are his/her companions. I will not be The Prophet as I know the story. I will accept friendly, good-alligned characters only. No villains.. No greed.... The party will be a thoughtful, kind and helpful party, trying to make the world a better place. Evil.... Is BORING AS F**K to me, completely unproductive and utterly pointless. Though feel free to be a thief with a good heart but I will not accept being mean to good NPCs... XD
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon; don't concentrate on the finger or you'll miss all the Heavenly Glory. (Bruce Lee)

rollory
Newbie Poster

Re: Playthrough of the greatest RP campaign story ever told.

Post by rollory » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:53 pm

If one can't be evil, one can't choose good.

rollory
Newbie Poster

Post by rollory » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:11 pm

That said, I'd be willing to give this a try, I only got partway into chapter 1 some years ago and then never got back to it.

childofthesun32
Newbie Poster

Post by childofthesun32 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:45 am

Good is that which is ultimately beneficial for all. Evil is that which isn't, or is only beneficial for oneself, at the expense of others.

My email is childofthesun32@yahoo.co.uk
Give me details when you can play.
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon; don't concentrate on the finger or you'll miss all the Heavenly Glory. (Bruce Lee)

Return to “Campaign announcements”