Campaign group functionality

Need help or want to make suggestions?
Venture
Site Admin
Campaign group functionality

Post by Venture » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:55 am

If anyone has time to check out a possible new feature, head over to http://www.evankline.net (the development version of this site) to check out a potential new feature. There, in the left menu, you'll see "View campaign groups" and "Create campaign group." Basically, it is set up so you can set up a campaign home on the site. You'll then have your own campaign page, which you can set as open, application only, or invite someone to join. The idea is that your campaign would have its own little corner of the site for news items, event scheduling, forum posts, calendar, etc.

The biggest drawback right now is that the forum functionality is butt ugly. I can either drop it (so the campaign page would just be for scheduling and news items, with no forum), or use the ugly forums just for campaign groups (i.e. the main forums would remain "as is"), or use the ugly forums for the entire site (it would then work like NWC, with only the forum for your campaign showing up in the list of forums).

Feel free to play around with it, and let me know what you think. Your login should work there unless you joined in the last few days, as I ported the database there some time last week.

Return to “Help and Suggestions”