Problems with CEP 2.4

Need help or want to make suggestions?
mannedoc
Newbie Poster
Problems with CEP 2.4

Post by mannedoc » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:07 am

I have an issue, I can log into the CEP modules as player with no problems at all, but when I try to do it as DM, it crashes, this include the Modules of CEP that comes with the download, the one I was starting to work, an old one I have, however, I can connect to any other module, including Pretty Good Character Creator version CEP (from the vault). The issue is only when connecting as DM.

I have a Intel Pentium D CPU 3GHz, 4GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT with 1GB ram. Also running the game with all expansions and 1.69 update version, with CEP 2.4a. Operatie system is Windows 7 Ultima 64-bits, the game is in unit C: C/NeverwinterNights/NWN.

Any idea what could it be?
Si consigues mantener la calma mientras todos a tu alrededor la pierden, probablemente no has entendido la gravedad del asunto

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Re: Problems with CEP 2.4

Post by Gulfwulf » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:05 am

Are you running NWN.exe as an admin and in Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode, Mannedoc? Also, try making a shortcut to nwmain.exe and add the -dmc switch to it so the target looks something like this: "E:\Games\NWN\nwmain.exe -dmc"

mannedoc
Newbie Poster

Post by mannedoc » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:41 am

First of all, good to see you GW, long time not talking with you; thank you for your reply. And noooooow:

You…. You… You are the MAN… I love you through distance GW, just awesome *makes a deep bow*

I do have a question though, I asked about this issue on the CEP forum, and what they suggested didn’t work, is it alright with you if I post your reply (giving you credit of course) on that forum for others who might find this same issue?
Si consigues mantener la calma mientras todos a tu alrededor la pierden, probablemente no has entendido la gravedad del asunto

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:42 am

Same with you, Mannedoc. Shame our Tuesday game disappeared, but such is the breaks. As for the fix, I had a devil of a time getting the DMC to work with Windows 7 until I tried that work-around. Now NWN loads up each time I start it. I didn't come up with that fix, so you don't need to credit me over on the CEP forums, but please let them know to try that.

Return to “Help and Suggestions”