Hythum: PC creation

Moderator:Carlo

Carlo
Forum God
Hythum: PC creation

Post by Carlo » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:20 pm

This topic is for discussing (both OOC and IC) creation of our new PCs for the Hythum mod.

Basically, I'm willing to be the balancer and take whatever is needed to round out the party at the end. I have an idea or two in mind already, so should be flexible and enjoy it. Initially thinking cleric/druid type, but also have basic ideas for rogue, wizard or fighter type as needed.

adamaeldar
Veteran Poster

Re: Hythum: PC creation

Post by adamaeldar » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:37 pm

Ok, I'll be first.

Hallton Halfpike, adventurer, devotee of Arvoreen.

Halfling Paladin, I'm thinking. Maybe a ranger, like a halfling Big-Game hunter kind of vibe. Corncob pipe, longwinded.

Carlo
Forum God

Post by Carlo » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:57 am

Thanks for being first!

Once everyone has posted, I'll plan to post up a scenesetter for transition to IC talk amongst the PCs, although I won't hold anyone 100% to a particular PC concept until actual gamestart.

As we're all supposed to be in the employ of Eyvinder the Sage (per below intro, taken from the readme), we can have varying ways of how we got to that point, and how long we've been there - could range from temporary hire, to more of an apprentice-style relationship.

----------------------------------

Introduction

Hythum is a world comprised of islands and small to moderate sized land masses that float in the sky with no land below. Heat grows more intense towards the relative core of Hythum and cooler as one ascends. Kingdoms, free cities, and tribes comprised of every race and alignment imaginable populate the countless islands of Hythum.

As the story opens, you (and your companions) are in the employ of Eyvinder the Sage, a diviner. It is several days before the alignment of the three moons of Hythum, a time when the magical energies of divination are greatly enhanced making powerful, detailed and far reaching visions possible. Eyvinder is busy, as are you, and celebrations are taking place in many lands in anticipation of this important occasion.

Jaokith
Veteran Poster

Post by Jaokith » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:00 am

I'm thinking of playing a half-orc barbarian/cleric named Bork-Drool
He'll think he's the smartest and wisest, will talk for the party and lead all of us to victory against everything. Oh yea, he'll try to find a red dragon, piss it off, and then try to get it to travel with all of us to a major city in the world so it has a chance to "live".

Carlo
Forum God

Post by Carlo » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:15 am

Tell us how you really feel :p

Carlo
Forum God

Post by Carlo » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:50 pm

PC: Xavier Drum
Class: Druid
Race: Human

Xavier considers himself a forward-thinker, seeking to find ways to both support the natural order of the world and assist the progress of knowledge and civilization in Hythum. This has not made him particularly popular with the more hardcore members of the druid order into which he was originally inducted. Partly because of this and also due to the fact he is naturally a studious type, he sought out Eyvinder the Sage a year ago, specifically in anticipation of the Festival of the Three Moons. Xavier believes this event could presage a major leap forward in our understanding of Hythum's natural order. Xavier is thinking of departing Eyvinder's employ after the astronomical conjunction, although would not be averse to staying on, should there be interesting new work to do with the sage.

Xavier's preferred weapons are the quarterstaff and sling; he has been averse to blades ever since he was cut in a practice bout several years ago.

Xavier gets along well with almost all animals, but has a particular affinity for canines.

Carlo
Forum God

Post by Carlo » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:10 pm

For actually creating your PC (local vault), to save time at gamestart and for additional customization features, you can create a level 1 PC ahead of time. I like the PGC3 mod for character creation, if you use that the mod version should be the non-CEP one: pgc3_v43.zip

https://neverwintervault.org/project/nw ... ered-igipe