Westgate: historic Campaign Chronicles

Moderator:Carlo

Carlo
Forum God
Westgate: historic Campaign Chronicles

Post by Carlo » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:52 am

Once the party is actually together, I'll resume compiling and publicly posting the Campaign Chronicles after each session. No information is included in the chronicles which is not known to all PCs, so there are no spoilers.

EDIT: the contemporary campaign chronicles can now be found here - viewtopic.php?f=59&t=1052

I also plan to draft part III of the old Campaign Chronicles, which will take the story from the end of part II until Rosten, Njord and Krull join the action.

Parts I and II are available on the campaign website, which is where I'll post part III when it's done. The main difference between the website-published chronicles and the forum version is the inclusion of screenshots. You are welcome to send me any of yours, for possible eventual publication.

https://gatewaytoadventure.net/neverwin ... -campaign/

Face
Experienced User

Re: Westgate: new Campaign Chronicles

Post by Face » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:24 pm

Fantastic news! I really enjoyed reading through the Campaign Chronicles to hype myself up for the campaign :D

Carlo
Forum God

Post by Carlo » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:06 am

:D

I started re-reading parts I and II and got a bit tired of seeing typos and minor grammar errors, so I'll be putting out a revised version of both PDFs. It's also a good way for me to review everything and tote up the loose ends, outstanding questions, etc. which are due to make another appearance in the campaign. It's been about 7 months total in campaign time since it began. Which doesn't necessarily sound like much, but when the in-game time factor is 1:1 (plus travel time), that ends up being a lot of adventuring.

Carlo
Forum God

Post by Carlo » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:00 pm

As part of the revamp, this coming week I plan to start serializing the Chronicles on the ENWorld Story Hour - http://www.enworld.org/forum/forumdispl ... Story-Hour

Some added content in terms of commentary by another character will be provided, so it won't just be a copy and paste job, and will also give me an additional creative outlet. I'll avoid any meta / secret (including still secret) info regarding the events in question. It'll be more for amusement purposes.

Basically the setup will be the character coming across an old, bound copy of the chronicles - exact method to be revealed - and annotating it in the margins with his thoughts. There may be a parallel/related story evolving in the "present day" of the character as well, we'll see if that's worth developing.

Carlo
Forum God

Post by Carlo » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:59 am

The serial version has now been started at ENWorld:

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread ... s-a-serial