Westgate Campaign: Lloria's Intro

Moderator:Carlo

Tribunal
Experienced User
Westgate Campaign: Lloria's Intro

Post by Tribunal » Sun May 19, 2019 4:35 pm

IC:

Lloria from the Silver Marches stood by the port side edge of the ship, staring out over the Dragonmere. Any attack would come from that direction, she reasoned, if an attack was to come during the short hop she chartered on from Suzail to Westgate due to land being starboard and the rest of the sea portside. The large beast of a Northlander woman stood in full armor leaning on her bardiche like a walking staff as she watched the water for signs of trouble.
Along the voyage, she had kept mostly to herself with her prayers and watch but it was hard not to overhear the sailors snickering when they thought she wasn't listening: only a fool would wear metal armor on a ship they said. Her route ran through the Dragonmere and part of the Sea of Fallen Stars, however, both bodies of water plagued to an extent by the denizens of the Pirate Isles. She had no designs on being murdered by pirates or sold to them by sailors of a ship that might only be interested in saving themselves if they were raided, so she went armored. The midspring sun's heat on her metal was a little uncomfortable by the breeze off the sea lessened that some, and discomfort was the realm of the living, which was exactly how she intended to stay.
Westgate probably seemed like an odd destination with its reputation for trouble and lawlessness for someone like herself, an errant crusading acolyte of Torm, but it was the next logical step in her own search. Since leaving the Silver Marches, she'd gone south then east, hitting the Sword Coast, Tethyr, then Cormyr. She was searching for a place that she could settle in and work, spreading the peace and order of the Heavens that could only come from the proper balancing of rights and responsibilities, from the adherence of people to their duties, to some place in need of it while making a name for herself. Tethyr and Cormyr were civilized kingdoms that she thought might be the right climate but it turned out the local Peerages tended not to react well to her suggestions that they ought to spend more time seeing to the garrisoning of their fiefs and purging the realms of the destructive elements in them instead of pestering their peasants. It was no matter: she had no intention of being imprisoned because of arguments with minor knights when her help wasn't welcome; somewhere in Faerun there was a need for her message and attention, and perhaps that was in Westgate, troubles and lawless as it was....

OOC:

Hello, glad to be here. I'm an on and off long-time NWN player.
I typically enjoy playing for the opportunity to explore collaborative stories as opposed to competing, so I usually end up playing support type characters such as a cleric for their utility and ability to keep characters up and moving.
To that end I am rolling one of my older characters that I've been trying to get into a good serious long term group. Looking forward to seeing you all server-side.

Face
Experienced User

Re: Westgate Campaign: Lloria's Intro

Post by Face » Sun May 19, 2019 8:19 pm

(((Really enjoyed reading this, thank you and welcome! I play as Rosten...so I particularly enjoyed hearing about 'denizens of the pirate isles' ... :D shhh! )))