Updating to CEP 2.4

Moderator:Carlo

Carlo
Forum God
Updating to CEP 2.4

Post by Carlo » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:06 am

Following the new computer upgrade and install of NWN, I'm having issues with seeing some of the CEP 2.3 hak content in the mod. I believe it's due to some inconsistencies with different versions of the CEP 2.3 files and having previously used the updater on them (which apparently is no longer supported).

While I may be able to fix this, I thought why not just update the mod to the CEP 2.4 version, since 2.3 is now a legacy version and also unsupported. Please post here if you have (or anticipate) any technical issues with an upgrade to 2.4; if not, please then confirm that you have CEP 2.4 downloaded and installed. I will not update the campaign mod until everyone has done so, so nobody gets inadvertently shut out of play.

Download link is below.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Ha ... il&id=7849

Jaokith
Veteran Poster

Re: Updating to CEP 2.4

Post by Jaokith » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:02 pm

Okay... so which do I download and install? The full CEP 2.4? And do I just extract the whole thing in my NWN folder?

Don't mean to be clueless.

Thanks.

Carlo
Forum God

Post by Carlo » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:39 am

There should be only one CEP 2.4 file (CEP_24_a.rar) for download on the page. I'd suggest for simplicity's sake extracting everything into the default sub-directory you're given when you open it, then copying all the hak files from there (which will be in their own directory called "hak") into your NWN\hak folder (same as with other haks). You'll probably get a lot of overwriting of files. Unfortunately, there's no 2.4 update for 2.3, so you just have to download it all.

Jaokith
Veteran Poster

Post by Jaokith » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:52 am

Thanks.

I should be all set.

Carlo
Forum God

Post by Carlo » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:34 pm

Won't be updating for this evening's session, it looks like. The good news is that I managed to fix the tech issues mentioned above, so it's a moot point for now. We can discuss the upgrade further in the campaign chamber.

Jaokith--this shouldn't affect you, since you'll have all the CEP 2.3 haks in place (they're part of the 2.4 package).

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:08 pm

I've had 2.4 in place for sometime now for other campaigns so Carlo is right. As long as you have a version the same or higher than the module there's not a problem.

Dragonstar
Veteran Poster

Post by Dragonstar » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:07 pm

I'll have mine updated by Sept. 2nd.