Campaign restarting...eventually

Moderator:Carlo

Carlo
Forum God
Campaign restarting...eventually

Post by Carlo » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:41 pm

Wanted to break this out from the previous topic - viewtopic.php?f=59&t=873&start=10 - so it can be more easily found.

Due to everyone's travel schedules etc. I'd originally planned to schedule a restart for October 18th. However I've now been asked to travel for work that week and will also be gone on November 1st.

I'll therefore shoot for October 25th to resume the campaign, with the understanding that the follow-on session would be on November 8th. I shouldn't have any further travel for the remainder of the year, with possible exceptions for the weekends of the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays.

Sorry about the delays, but I've had an extraordinary combination of work and special personal (upcoming anniversary) travel over these last few months.

Carlo
Forum God

Re: Campaign restarting...eventually

Post by Carlo » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:18 pm

Further to Jaokith's post on being away for a while due to a family emergency - viewtopic.php?f=59&t=882 - we'll need to decide what to do with organizing the campaign.

My inclination right now is to push the planned restart date to January, since the holidays will be upon us soon anyway. At that point, we can reassess everyone's availability / interest in resuming play. That might also include plans to recruit 1-2 new players, depending on how we want to proceed. On the other hand, if there's strong interest in proceeding with three players for the next couple months despite holidays etc., I would of course be up for that.

Welcome comments/thoughts from everyone involved.

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:47 pm

Well, Jaokith pre-empted a post from myself, I read his post as I came to do the same.

I have very similar issues. Long story short, it's a case of being tested for a medical issue myself that caused the death of one sister and for which my other is being treated. Plus my mother in law is requiring a lot of attention, and we have no one to aid in that support. Add to that the fact that I am working much longer hours, and am simply tired.

Truly sorry that it affects you all this way, and have been waiting as long as I could to make a decision over this because of it, but right now can't commit to playing regularly either. So I am afraid you are down to two. :(

Carlo
Forum God

Post by Carlo » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:48 pm

VM - I appreciate you sharing the info and wish you the best. Your PC Shanni had a great run in Westgate, I hope she can continue in LB's Devotion campaign.

What I'll plan to do in light of the above is mothball the campaign until late January and then re-evaluate a restart. I expect to be starting a new job around the beginning of the year.

If the campaign ends up being retired, I'll be asking players to write epilogues for their PCs for inclusion in the final version of the campaign chronicles. This can also be done for any retired individual PCs.

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:13 pm

When do you usually play, Carlo? A friend of mine was talking about wanting to get back into a NWN campaign, but he's usually too tired during the week because of his job. If you can play on Sunday evenings, he might be able to join. We're both in CST. Thanks.

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:20 pm

Well... the Shanni in Devotion truly is /not/ the Shanni in Westgate, I just happen to like the name and it worked for an adaptation of a partnership with another character. So she's not continuing there, and if the campaign does completely fold - or if it goes on without her - I'll sort out something.

Carlo
Forum God

Post by Carlo » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:39 am

Gulfwulf wrote:When do you usually play, Carlo? A friend of mine was talking about wanting to get back into a NWN campaign, but he's usually too tired during the week because of his job. If you can play on Sunday evenings, he might be able to join. We're both in CST. Thanks.
Our campaign runs on Sundays during the late afternoon/evenings normally (EST), so that would be perfect. Thanks for checking in on the opportunity. Would definitely welcome his interest, although I think we'll be waiting until January in any case for a campaign restart. He's welcome to contact me at anytime.

adamaeldar
Veteran Poster

Post by adamaeldar » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:11 pm

First off, I'm very sorry to hear of everyone's difficulties. You've all become friends and I certainly hope things begin to turn around.

My preference would be to restart the campaign in late January. My wife is due in early January so I'll be facing some changes myself, although overall happier ones. Regardless this campaign has been a blast and I hope we get to continue.

Carlo
Forum God

Post by Carlo » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:26 am

So it's now late January. I'll be getting a new computer this coming week and will plan to transfer over all of the necessary campaign files.

I expect that the two of you have a lot going on in your personal lives at the moment (I know Jaokith does), so I figure on keeping the campaign in suspended animation until we can all sit down in-game and chat about plans going forward, with some clarity.

adamaeldar
Veteran Poster

Post by adamaeldar » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:23 pm

Hi Charles and gang!
I do have a bit going on with the new baby... they demand attention, lots of it - constantly. Fortunately, our campaign isn't so twitch heavy that I can't play one handed while holding the little one. So, I think I can break out the time to play without much complaint. I am definitely interested in continuing.

Ken