Westgate Campaign - player openings [CLOSED]

Moderator:Carlo

Carlo
Forum God
Westgate Campaign - player openings [CLOSED]

Post by Carlo » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:56 pm

[EDIT] - Campaign is now closed, as of February 2nd. I'll post in the future when there are any new openings.

The Westgate Campaign has space for up to 3 new PCs and is currently welcoming expressions of interest through December 31st. (After that, if any slots are still available, I'll also welcome serious inquiries from potential players.)

For those interested, I recommend taking a look at the campaign's Background Info topic - viewtopic.php?f=59&t=848 - and also feel free to PM me with any questions.

Once the process is closed and all of the new players are available to get in-game, I would like to run an introductory session or two for them in Westgate. After completing this separate adventure, the new PCs would then be introduced (in-character) to the currently established PCs. The main campaign currently has its sessions scheduled for Sundays at 2:00 PM Eastern US time, but the prequel sessions can be conducted at any time convenient to all players.

All new PCs will begin at level 9 and can be multi-classed. Starting equipment, gold, custom items etc. will be arranged privately with the DM and be logically consistent with the PC's background. Please note that there are no arbitrary class/race or narrative background restrictions, although common sense will play a role in determining suitability for the setting, and the in-game mechanics will be limited by the NWN engine.

For those interested in participating in the campaign, please copy and paste the below questionnaire into a PM, add your answers, and send it to me. (Click the "Contact" bubble under the forum avatar and select the "Send private message" option to start a draft.)

Note: if you're interested in co-DMing in the campaign instead, will also welcome expressions of interest for that. I've done it before a couple of times over the years and found it both enjoyable and helpful.

---------------------------------------------

Westgate Campaign - New Player Questions

1) What overall expectations do you have for the campaign experience? What would you like most to get out of it?

2) Please share your best/fondest roleplaying experience involving Neverwinter Nights (NWN). What made it great for you?

3) Please share your worst/most disastrous roleplaying experience involving NWN. (Feel free to leave out or change any names in order to protect the guilty.) What made it a bad experience for you?

4) You are not required to commit to a specific PC concept in advance of entering the campaign. That said, at this stage do you have any preferences or ideas for one?

Carlo
Forum God

Re: Westgate Campaign - player openings [CLOSES December 30th]

Post by Carlo » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:16 pm

The current player list, along with the history of retired and dead PCs over the last 14 years, can be found at the below link. Retired PCs normally can rejoin the campaign if their players wish, as most have moved on due to real life time conflicts and such.

viewtopic.php?f=59&t=739

Carlo
Forum God

Re: Westgate Campaign - player openings

Post by Carlo » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:47 am

Since there are still at least two slots available, I'll keep the campaign openings active. Campaign is scheduled to resume on February 10th.

Carlo
Forum God

Post by Carlo » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:47 am

As of this writing, one slot remains available prior to February 10th.

Carlo
Forum God

Post by Carlo » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:13 am

I've accepted another player application, so am closing the campaign openings until further notice. Thanks to everyone who expressed interest!