Hi, I'm the new player

Moderator: Carlo

Dreadlord_Anwyn
Newbie Poster

Hi, I'm the new player

Post by Dreadlord_Anwyn » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:57 pm

Thanks to Carlo for accepting my application!

About me: long time player of RPGs. I had a long running FR group years back that went from 2nd edition to 3rd edition to 3.5 before we broke up. I guess I was stressing one of the players out a bit too much with my tendency to create near TPK encounters. I am a freelance artist/writer/musician/performer - my current projects are a steampunk role playing game and a neo-noir gritty black and white graphic novel set in my hometown of Chicago.

I've also been working on a PW called Time of Atlantis as a way of fleshing out ideas for my steampunk game. The PW isnt steampunk at all, but I work out world setting details by creating altered versions of them in the PW.

I also sing and play thrashcore rhythm guitar and have an education in filmmaking.

I'm not sure what the take is on discussing my character idea before being introduced or even gelling it completely, so I'll leave that be for now.

See you all soon in the Realms!

Carlo
Extreme Poster

Re: Hi, I'm the new player

Post by Carlo » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:45 am

Welcome!

Since you mentioned it, I generally prefer to have PCs be introduced IC / in-game, although if you want to mention a one-liner description that shouldn't be too meta. Every PC has some background secrets and part of the enjoyment is discovering them (or not) as the campaign progresses.

Jaokith
Veteran Poster

Re: Hi, I'm the new player

Post by Jaokith » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:25 am

Welcome to Westgate. Looking forward to getting things started. Just a little advice for your character...always heed the wizard’s advice 😉

Return to “Carlo's Campaigns”