Westgate: February 10 main campaign session / start time query

Moderator:Carlo

Carlo
Forum God
Westgate: February 10 main campaign session / start time query

Post by Carlo » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:43 am

Based on email responses to date from players, I'm confirming that the next campaign session will be on February 10.

The reference start time continues to be 2:00 PM Eastern US (i.e. New York) and I'm fine with keeping that. [EDIT] Per below, it's now two hours earlier. See the game link at Neverwinter Connections: https://neverwinterconnections.org/even ... d=15508654

That said, I would like to inquire if adjusting the session start time to be earlier by up to 2-3 hours would be 1) doable and 2) preferable for everyone. Given the broad time zone span of the players and other schedule commitments, I realize this might not be the case, and if so no worries.

Jaokith
Veteran Poster

Re: Westgate: February 10 session

Post by Jaokith » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:41 pm

2pm Eastern is an 11am start for me, which works fine. But if starting earlier is more appealing to everyone else then I'm fine with that too. A 3 hour earlier start would be 8am for me which is still fine. I've found that as I have gotten older the earlier I get to bed and up in the morning. It is rare nowadays that I sleep past 7am and usually find myself up at 6am.

As far as preference... Well lets do a 3 hour earlier start if everyone else can and is willing. I'll be eating my Cheerios and playing at 8am.

adamaeldar
Veteran Poster

Re: Westgate: February 10 session / start time query

Post by adamaeldar » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:09 pm

1) So an 11 AM or 12 noon start? That would be do-able for me. I don't think it conflicts any more than the 2 PM. I will ask the Mrs if that is preferable. Right now, the 2 PM playtime overlaps with our oldest's naptime, which is nice.

Face
Experienced User

Post by Face » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:38 pm

3 hours earlier for me would be 16:00, which should be fine for the 10th Feb! I'll need to have a think about the long term, but seeing as I haven't even created a character yet that can definitely be put off for now :D

Carlo
Forum God

Post by Carlo » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:38 pm

Thanks for the responses, guys. Looks like we'll definitely have a quorum for February 10th. Will wait for Mrs. Adamaeldar (and the little A's schedules) before confirming a start time shift.

I'm 10.5 hours ahead of the reference time, so by default will be starting to DM our Sunday sessions at 12:30 AM on Mondays. I've done things even more hardcore for NWN games in the past, and put player consensus on a time first, so that's not an obstacle to continuing the campaign. But all things being otherwise equal, a 2 or 3 hour earlier start would be a help with the sleep schedule.

Carlo
Forum God

Post by Carlo » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:05 am

Will update this further once the new players are on board. As a reminder:

-- Campaign reference time zone is New York.

-- Time zone converter link: https://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/

Depending on how motivated (and skillful) I am, I may try to set up a scheduling system that adjusts the time zone thing automatically for everyone, since doing it manually by post all the time is rather tiresome and subject to confusion. This would likely involve setting up a proto-Neverwinter Connections site, since these forums don't have a scheduling functionality.

In the meantime, please stay on top of the start time and its translation to your time zone. The converter linked above makes it pretty easy (if still a manual process).

Carlo
Forum God

Re: Westgate: February 10 main campaign session / start time query

Post by Carlo » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:04 am

On the new Neverwinter Connections site, I've started posting the Westgate Campaign games. If you register on the site and set your home time zone correctly in your profile, you'll automatically see the game at its correct scheduled time.

Going forward, I plan to use this to manage future game scheduling, and will post a link in each session topic. Otherwise it's too exhausting to manually use reference times with everybody to figure out availability, especially if adjustments need to be made. None of us are even in the same time zone, as far as I can tell, and we're spread out over 12.5 hours' worth of time zones (me being the .5).

I've gone ahead and incorporated the above-mentioned 3-hour earlier time shift (to 11:00 AM Eastern US/New York time) on the event page. If Adamaeldar or someone else has a problem making that, we can adjust.

Link to this game:

http://neverwinterconnections.org/event ... d=15507749

adamaeldar
Veteran Poster

Post by adamaeldar » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:59 pm

I actually do have a conflict that would prevent me from starting at 11 AM on Sundays (at least until March), I can do 12 noon. My oldest has her swim lessons from 11-11:30, I should be able to get back in time to make a 12 noon (eastern) gametime.

Carlo
Forum God

Post by Carlo » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:12 pm

No problem, will therefore shift it to 12 noon Eastern US time. I've gone ahead and updated the Calendar link as well.

Carlo
Forum God

Post by Carlo » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:18 am

As a final reminder, if you haven't already, please:

Check the NWC calendar event (having set your profile home time zone correctly) to confirm when the game is at your local time: https://neverwinterconnections.org/even ... d=15507749

Review the checklist for entering the new NWN:EE campaign mod: viewtopic.php?f=59&t=991