New Member Introductions Here

If you are new to Neverwinter Nights Campaigns, come here for answers
Venture
Site Admin
Re: New Member Introductions Here

Post by Venture » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:55 pm

Hi Lefort. Unfortunately, except for a few campaigns, this place is pretty quiet nowadays. If you haven't already, you may want to check out neverwinterconnections.com, although even there there aren't many NWN2 DMs. I know that one DM, "NWN DM", was running a campaign there and looking for players, but I don't know if that is still going on or not. Good luck!

Sol Arbriel
Newbie Poster

Post by Sol Arbriel » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:47 am

Wow, it has been a while since I posted here!

Still playing NWN1 in Realms of Annakolia as well!

Things have changed as I now have a newer Apple Mac that is Intel based and so I do run Windows XP 32 for the purposes of gaming, well Windows IS a gaming platform after all!

Though the main reason for the addition of Windows was due to Bioware's failure to release a Universal coded patch in their final 1.69 Macintosh version for NWN1.

The Mac version of NWN1 suffers a significant speed loss due to the extra processing required to run an application that doesn't recognize Intel over the now defunct PowerPC. It is well done to Apple, Inc to ensure older PowerPC apps run at least with their Rosetta software built in and now an option install in OSX Snow Leopard or if you will, Windows 7 Service Pack 1.

tampamac2002
Expert Poster

Post by tampamac2002 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:01 pm

Hi, I'm Mac, I bought NWN around 2004-5, never tried the online until 2006. It was a whole new game, I've been hooked ever since. I've played many campaigns, been to many PWs, look forward to much more of the same. I fell out of playing for a while, however, I'm in two campaigns now.

Cygnus
Newbie Poster

Post by Cygnus » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:59 pm

Hello everyone. I see this thread is pretty inactive, I hope I'm not coming on board after this community is way past it's prime.

I have about 10 years of PnP experience playing and DMing with AD&D first edition in the World of Greyhawk. I have knowledge of Forgotten Realms just from PC games, a few of the novels, and some reading I've done at FR Wiki. I have the second edition books in PDF and have read through them but never played PnP. I've played most of the popular RPG PC games that came out over the years, gold box, BG1&2, IWD1&2, NWN1&2. Those games are my only experience with D&D after first edition. I've pretty much settled on NWN for online RPG gaming, but I do still have NWN2 installed. I don't like that one so much because when I play online I have a problem with my character teleporting around the screen when I try to move sometimes.

Anyway, hoping to get involved in some fun online campaigns here. Been playing NWN for 6 or 7 years now, and playing online for 2 or 3 years so very familiar with the game.

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:35 pm

We've suffered somewhat as the site we all used to use collapsed a while back when the server admin was unfortunate enough to lose his position. An attempt to get it up and running was made but seems to have stalled and I've asked for an update. A number do still use this site, a good place to look is in the campaign forums to see games that are updated, but if nothing is forthcoming then we really do need to find a way to gather those interested again.

Carlo
Forum God

Post by Carlo » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:02 pm

Hello Cygnus. VM gives a good history summary, this forum/site was originally a subset of NeverwinterConnections folks who essentially already had established gaming groups. The intent hasn't been really to elevate it to a general NWN/NWN2 community resource for matching people with campaigns. However, we may have reached the point that it's a good idea to think about doing that.

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:55 pm

I'm in the process of updating the board to PHPBB version 3.0.11 and once I"m satisfied that update didn't break anything, I'll be adding in a better quick reply editor as well as making links open in new windows. I can also look for a scheduling type mod if you guys want to use it, but no promises. The last time I looked I didn't see anything, but I'll ask the PHPBB community about it. At the very least, a calendar would be useful for posting game times and dates.

Venture
Site Admin

Post by Venture » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:07 am

If you get to the point where there's any interest in switching to a different platform, let me know. I still have a Joomla site I keep going, so it wouldn't be too tough to set up another, and is a bit more flexible than phpBB. The original version of this site ran on Drupal, but that got to be a bear to maintain. I also set up (and then did nothing with) playermatching.com using phpFox, which actually does everything we need (scheduling, groups, forums), but that is a paid platform.

I don't have time these days to maintain anything, but could set up something I'm familiar with without too much trouble (I hope).

OTR
Newbie Poster

Post by OTR » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:04 pm

FWIW, I happened on this calendar mod for PHPBB 3. The first link at that page will take you to a list of features with a link to a demo on the right.

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:54 pm

That's the one I was looking at, OTR. Thanks. I'll be adding it in after I get the board updated to 3.0.11.