Online Roleplay Thread

Moderator:Karvon

Karvon
Forum God
Old Crypts of Freeport - Evening of Day 7

Post by Karvon » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:09 am

Resupplied with rope and rations from a local coastal schooner, the party has retraced their path back to the chamber with the deep shaft. The group sits slowly and carefully tying together the six coils of rope they've got in preparation for further exploration of the shaft.

Solithar was not sure what to make of all that.

"All this trouble... just for a mask? It must really be something though, with all the traps, hordes of undead, golemnites, the light being that almost killed me in that secret room..."

The old warrior paused for a moment. He felt that all this had helped him improve his close combat skills and somehow made him a bit tougher yet he was unsure if that would be enough for what may be lurking in the dark pit below.

"Mercenaries. Don't worry about them. My scouting skills are not good enough for this tomb. Also... if our weapons do fail somehow, would we be able to unleash some magic powers to save us?"

Rand looks at the two wizards.
Then looks at Grumni and Solithar.

"Don't look at me. I got a sword. If neither of you noticed, then your blind."

Grumni laughed.

"I can fry 'em pretty good if I cast me Moradin given lightning on 'em. Yer better stand out the way when I do though lads or yer'll get singed as well." The dwarf declared. "Course, I can turn 'em too if need be." He looked at his axe.

"Me weapon don't seem ter be much use against some of the bigger 'uns mind."

tampamac2002
Expert Poster

Re: Online Roleplay Thread

Post by tampamac2002 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:33 am

"No worries, Grumni. I don't see a bunch of raggedy old bones putting either of us down. Now, about that big square blob, *shivers* we better stay clear of them." Rand says with caution in his voice at the end.
"And if we see two of them, forget about it."

Anders Soth
Newbie Poster

Post by Anders Soth » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:29 am

"aye, one of them jellies got yer good last time." Grumni agreed. "I'm thinking we could take one of 'em on their won now we've got a few extra lads though." He scratched his beard.

"I'm more interested in what's down yonder hole. Can any of you spell slingers send yer familiar down there first? Perhaps with a light spell on 'em?"

He walked over to the edge of the hole and tried to listen for any clues about what might await them at the bottom.

hydrosstic
Newbie Poster

Post by hydrosstic » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:03 am

Garmalkin clears his throat, "Is anyone else concerned that we don't know anything about whats down that hole? Maybe there's something we missed?"

"Well, we'll find out what's down there when the time comes. The Underdark; perhaps one of the hells! It could be anything. If we're lucky there will only be a lich guarding that mask."

tampamac2002
Expert Poster

Post by tampamac2002 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:27 am

"Sadly, all I see are walls. I know you guys are better at finding these hidden doors and all, but all I see are walls."

Mirgalen
Extreme Poster

Post by Mirgalen » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:17 am

At last they had reached the bottom of the well. In the water up to the chest for some of us, to the shoulders for the little fellows. Solithar started to think that the Chaos Gods may be laughing at them...

Karvon
Forum God

Old Freeport - Ancient Crypts - Morning day 8 - Session 42

Post by Karvon » Sun May 01, 2011 1:30 pm

The party has just dispatched a pride of mummified cats and jackal guardians as they continue to seek the long lost mask amidst the ancient crypts of Old Freeport.

Anders Soth
Newbie Poster

Post by Anders Soth » Sun May 01, 2011 4:01 pm

"Bah!" Grumni shouted. "I been going around in circles all days looking fer these damned doors ."Me drawers still be soggy from swimming in that filthy pond too!"

Karvon
Forum God

Old Freeport - Ancient Crypts - Evening day 8 - Session 43

Post by Karvon » Sun May 01, 2011 6:28 pm

The party has wandered thru many halls and a few chambers in the ancient section of the crypts. They've even found a magically sealed stone door, which the Gnome's study of some of the carving and images , aided by magic, revealed to be the tomb they seek. They are in search of four elemental keys to this vault and have managed to find two of said gems thus far. They've paused for a brief respite at yet another mirky portal.

Mirgalen
Extreme Poster

Post by Mirgalen » Mon May 02, 2011 12:23 am

"It is not that bad. We need to focus a little more. Also it seems that most of the area is free of nasty traps or big golemnites chasing us."

Clearly Solithar preferred the havoc of the battlefield or the feeling of the morning wind in the Vesve forest. Still, with some luck they should manage to open the gem door, smash what's behind, grab whatever mask and sell it to the highest bidder or something.

Return to “Adventures in Greyhawk”