Online Roleplay Thread

Moderator:Karvon

Mirgalen
Extreme Poster
Re: Old Freeport - Ancient Crypts - Evening day 8 - Session

Post by Mirgalen » Mon May 09, 2011 12:48 am

Solithar was having a bad day. He really started to think that not only he was lost but the rest of group including the highly reliable dwarves were no better in that regard. Some higher dark power like Beltar or worse Iuz was toying with them. He secretly hoped that Grumni's divine powers may be able to counter this somehow. An underground river was cutting the old crypt in two. The cave was filled with large blood sucking birds. Some clever necromancer even managed to set a group of undead shooters on a small island. They still had to find two gems but had no clue where to search.

"Did we miss a door somewhere?"

Once and a while they would see a shiny coin on the ground to mark the spot of a secret passage. Things were not that bad in fact, they still had some food and even found a way out on the other side of the river. If only they could find that cursed mask...

Solithar pushed the stone, part of the wall moved revealing a chamber, a figure of a winged demonic female creature was standing perhaps waiting for them...

Karvon
Forum God

Old Freeport - Ancient Crypts - Morning day 10 - Session 44

Post by Karvon » Mon May 09, 2011 11:04 pm

After finding it's way back up to the newer crypts, by crossing a huge chasm guarded by skeletons and home to large stirges, the party backtracked to the ancient crypts to search for the two missing gems needed to unlock the sealed tomb. They stumbled into another tomb guarded by an ancient female ghost who badly mauled them before they managed to escape. Now the party is licking it's wounds in a previously cleared vault and considering the next moves to make.

Anders Soth
Newbie Poster

Re: Online Roleplay Thread

Post by Anders Soth » Tue May 10, 2011 9:27 pm

Grumni slumped to his knees in the middle of the room. With a groan he took off his badly dented breastplate.

"Moradin's beard! I ain't fer going up against that witch again any time soon." He began hammering the dents out of his armour with the butt of his axe. "I'm needing a new axe too." he said glumly.

"We need ter make sure we can all still see them hidden doors once we're through 'em. I felt like a rat in a trap back there."

tampamac2002
Expert Poster

Post by tampamac2002 » Tue May 17, 2011 12:38 am

"Can you use a long sword, Grumni?"
Bangs it off the floor, a peircing noise echos in the room.
"I found it in the coffin behind that witch. It's a toss up on whether it's better than my flaming sword. I prefer the flames, helps me keep track of how many times I hit something."

"As for that witch, we better have a plan before I set foot in there again.
Not only did I get my ass kicked, I feel like she beat me senseless.
I have pretty good armor, but she was going through it like butter.
When I stood toe to toe with her, I was able to do some damage.
However, that was short lived....."
Rand swallows loudly, before continuing in a lower voice.
"so to speak."

tampamac2002
Expert Poster

Post by tampamac2002 » Tue May 17, 2011 12:49 am

"Perhaps the gems are in a different room.
I mean look around, what are the chances of us missing a door around this place."

Mirgalen
Extreme Poster

Post by Mirgalen » Thu May 19, 2011 3:30 am

"I wish I could forget how easily this creature crushed us. I failed you my friends."

Solithar kept silent for a long moment. Looking up as if he was looking for a divine answer. Yet, he was well aware the the Gods of Chaos had their twisted ways to toy with their enemies and servants. Granting a bounty here and taking it back there just for their enjoyment...

"I agree. We are lucky that she did not follow us." He quickly looked away to make sure nobody was approaching.

"If we have to fight her, we need to be ready somehow. But if there is nothing we need there, perhaps we should go look elsewhere."

Anders Soth
Newbie Poster

Post by Anders Soth » Sat May 21, 2011 2:14 pm

Grumni eyed the sword in Rand's hand and scratched his beard.

"Given the choice I'd rather be swinging an axe." He shrugged and dropped his weapon to the floor. "But that piece of tin ain't doing me any good against these beasties, I'll give it a go."

Despite the various aches and pains that afflicted him he smiled a slightly more toothless grin. "That witch might've given us a beating but me packs a damn sight heavier than before." He opened his backpack revealing newly purloined bags of gold. "We can split it once yer have all got yer breath back."

Mirgalen
Extreme Poster

Post by Mirgalen » Sat May 28, 2011 2:28 pm

"I can't believe we went back in there to get beaten again. I may not like rigid rules. I may not even like laws and things set in an orderly manner. Before a battle I may pray to the Gods of Chaos to turn the odds in our favor. But this... this is more like madness to me. I know being invisible might have worked and may be there is really a door somewhere in there. Still, if half of us need to die just to find the answer. Is it worth it? Our Dwarven friends here may say it ain't!"

Solithar stopped and looked at the other hoping that somebody smart or wise may have something to say...

Dogar
Newbie Poster

Post by Dogar » Sun May 29, 2011 9:23 pm

Dranko contemplated Solithar's words for a moment.

"Is it worth it?" he thought to himself, "Aye, that's a good question, so why the hell didn't I ask it sooner! Damn my hinnish impetuosity!"

He stepped forward and addressed the others.

"Fine question. Is it worth it? Hell if I know, I just came down to this bone pit so I could mark and bind a skell or two. Everything after that was just whim, fancy and folly. You're the ones who know the score on this mask business, so you tell me if this trinket'll grab the sorta gold that'd make this mess worthwhile."

He paused at that, but then some other thought seems to come to mind, and he spoke again to Solithar.

"Uhh..though however it may be, I'd like it if we don't go beseeching the 'Gods of Chaos' you spoke of, if it's who I think you're talkin about. I don't mix up with em, but I do know em by the...uh...mutual tools of our respective trades, and its ever been my understanding that they're as keen on robbing fortunes as they are on granting them. Better to leave that beacon unlit, I'd say."

Mirgalen
Extreme Poster

Post by Mirgalen » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:44 am

"They are not all that bad Dranko. You may even know some of them. The Elven Gods Corellon and Labelas? Would you go to the caves of Chaos, you may consider making an offer to Beltar. Gamblers sometimes pray to Norebo. Many bards may pray to gain the favors of Olidammara."

"Back to something more pressing... Grum... Do you really enjoy stepping on traps? Is that a Dwarven thing?"

Solithar did not like being poisoned. The feeling was awful. Something like he could die if somebody could push him hard enough. He could not find that exit he was looking for. Except perhaps the one on the other side of the river. Looking in his pack he noticed that he only had one ration left...

Return to “Adventures in Greyhawk”