OOC

Moderator:Karvon

Karvon
Forum God
OOC

Post by Karvon » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:45 pm

This thread is for OOC discussion related to AIG.

I've moved copies of the main threads here as I'm having problems being able to consistently post, respond and create new threads at NWC atm.

Karvon

tampamac2002
Expert Poster

Re: OOC

Post by tampamac2002 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:40 am

Just checking in.
See everyone in two weeks.

Mac

Karvon
Forum God

Post by Karvon » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:45 am

Session logs will be posted here till further notice, as I'm unable to post them at NWC in my campaign forum atm.

Karvon

Karvon
Forum God

Moved post and comments on OOC

Post by Karvon » Mon May 09, 2011 11:08 pm

OOC post moved here from RP thread
OOC

Somehow I'm having a bit of trouble keeping track of my posts for the AiG campaign. May be I should use a number or something like:

S44

IC
Please don't mix OOC and IC comments in the RP forums; post OOC stuff here.

I'm tracking the time and posting that each update. If you beat me to posting in the RP thread, then your comments may be a little out of sequence, but that's not a major concern.

Karvon

Karvon
Forum God

Module updates

Post by Karvon » Mon May 09, 2011 11:14 pm

I've gone thru and double checked all the SDs and they should be fine now. I've also swapped those leading out of chambers to non resetting so you can escape from combats more readily.

Karvon

Karvon
Forum God

A Couple of Comments & Observations

Post by Karvon » Wed May 11, 2011 6:15 am

1. Spot rolls are only useful for visual situations related to living things. You can use them to: detect hidden creatures, note details about creatures, find people in a crowd, see a creature at a long distance beyond game engine view - most commonly flying or when observing from a high vantage point.

2. Listen rolls can be used to reflect info gathered by aural or olfactory means. The game engine will reveal creatures you can hear/smell, but not see. You can make rolls to gain additional details.

3. Search rolls can be used to look for visual clues or hints in your immediate area. You can optionally indicate a speed or thoroughness of such searches to modify your chances of success. Secret door detections are handled by the game engine, but you can make additional search rolls to get some hint or clue if there's a SD in the immediate area.

4. Lore rolls can be used to gain insight or clues from carvings, inscriptions, artifacts and the like. Lore is considered to be general education as well as specific knowledge related to your class(es). For example, if you are a warrior, then your lore is considered to be in military related fields. A mage's lore would be considered to be arcane related, and a priest's divine. If you are multiclass, then your knowledge is considered to be in proportion to your levels. Thus a 9th lv Ftr/1st lv MU would be considered 90% Warrior and 10% Mage in terms of his effective lore level, and have his rolls adjusted accordingly.

Karvon

Karvon
Forum God

Post by Karvon » Tue May 24, 2011 1:07 am

Corrected the SDs in chambers to be no resetting, so you can escape once you find those.

Tested and confirmed Familiars do intend spot traps and secret doors. You need to possess them and have them in detect mode, plus move around slowly and thru the trigger areas in order to be successful.

Reinstalled the random trap scripts which haven't been working for some time. So yeah, you're gonna have to look out for traps next time too.

Placed gold and robe dropped to marked newly discovered SDs.

Karvon
Forum God

Post by Karvon » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:48 pm

NWC isn't responding atm, but the server is up at the usual address

karvon

Karvon
Forum God

Post by Karvon » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:23 am

Reviewed SDs; 2 or 3 were hopelessly broken despite redoing them several times, so I replaced them with static doors and an AT.

Posted a basic map of those parts of the crypt you've visited, and revisited, to aid you in keeping track of things.

Karvon

Return to “Adventures in Greyhawk”