Vanya Mia's Ship of the Silver Void Campaign

tinbender
Expert Poster
Re: Vanya Mia's Ship of the Silver Void Campaign

Post by tinbender » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:04 pm

Ash frowns as he has become confused by the lateest turn of events. "Me no sure. How empty man help us." He waves his hand through the spot where the image had stood. He walks back and forth through the spot looking puzzled. "No light. Me still here."

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:00 am

"At least we have a destination, that is something," Devram said. Inwardly he's considering how likely it is that he and his companions will be returning to that wasted shadow-world again. Either way, he does not doubt that his magic will be necessary--and with that, the other-self that seems to be taking a greater hold over who and what he is.

Valas
Expert Poster

Post by Valas » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:20 am

*rubs his hands together already counting the riches he would get. Damn lucky they had him he thought, or another opportunity would have been missed. They should make him captain..Captain Zaine... he liked the sound of that*

Ayram
Veteran Poster

Post by Ayram » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:52 am

Din had been witness to the death of a world. That would make some story. But who would he tell it to when he finally got home? Drunks in a tavern? What would he do for that matter? He couldn't see himself taking the same mundane jobs he'd taken before. Not if he wanted to be content. He'd always lived his life on the edge, but out here, he could see that perhaps he could live a bit more than even that. Perhaps this is how those silly "adventurer" types felt all the time.

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:00 am

((700 XP to LB, Ayram, GW, Valas, and TB))

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:49 pm

Darick stood on the railing surrounding the tree platform and looked out at the forest. While he was not a nature lover (not that there was anything wrong with nature), he felt at peace here and was loathe to leave. Still, they had a job to do and this one seemed legitimate without any moral dilemmas. Going around killing one's employers wasn't good for business, even if they were sadistic slavers. He hoped they would be able to find the information that wizard needed with little difficulty, not that he thought it would be easy, what with having to find an "intelligent" ghost amid a group of homicidal ones.

GateCrash
Experienced User

Post by GateCrash » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:08 am

When they returned to the ship, Chiun was simply gone. No note, no explanation, and even the slaves that they had freed seemed uncertain of exactly when the old man left. Apparently, his time beside them was over.

OOC: Good news: the interviews I skipped the last two weeks for went well.

Bad news: the interviews I skipped the last two weeks for went well, and I'm starting a new job that does not leave me time for late night gaming...for now, anyway. I have to bow out of this campaign.

Thanks all for the good times--it was great to see some familiar faces and meet new ones. Thank you also to Vanya for inviting me and making me a part of this world and this story. I'll keep the forum bookmarked; hopefully we'll see each other online again.

Good luck getting home, all!

--GC

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:56 am

Well, he'd been right, but the revelation was small comfort. His magic was effective against the ghosts, but it was finite, and while the elven wizard had provided them with a supposedly ultimate weapon, the fact that it was only usable once quenched any enthusiasm Devram might have felt for the expedition.

tinbender
Expert Poster

Post by tinbender » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:03 am

Ash ambles along smiling happily to himself. "We catch ghost then we get to go home." He's practically skipping with joy as he he walks along.

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:16 am

(Quick post that hopefully works, my mobile doesn't like the site, backing up that I have no net so will have to postpone.))