Vanya Mia's Ship of the Silver Void Campaign

GateCrash
Experienced User

Re: Vanya Mia's Ship of the Silver Void Campaign

Post by GateCrash » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:36 pm

With nothing attacking them at the moment, it seemed like as good a time as any for Chiun to address the others.

"If we find this item," he began, "we must ensure that we are of one mind concerning its disposal. There are many grasping hands that seek it for themselves, as we have seen, and they may offer much in return.

"However," he continued, "we have made one bargain already for the mirror. It is unlikely that another would offer us compensation that includes protection from the bridges that we burn by reneging on that deal.

"Are we...agreed?"

tinbender
Expert Poster

Post by tinbender » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:14 pm

Ash abruptly stops walking and a huge furrow appears on his brow as he thinks through what was just said. "Return mirror to owner is good." His usual smile returns to his face and he starts ambling forward again. Having taken no more then three steps he sudenly stops again. "Uh maybe someone else go first. Me no always understand speech."

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:11 am

Darick looked at Chiun. "I wasn't there for the original agreement, so I have no issues with returning it to that woman at the inn if it's really hers. But if you think the kobold who originally tasked us with getting the mirror could cause issues, then I also have no problem with returning the mirror to him." He chuckled at Ash's comment. "Leave that to me, big guy, I'll make sure our path is relatively clear."

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:15 am

Distracted by the fact that he seems to be going slowly insane, Devram doesn't hear the ongoing conversation at first. "What? Oh. I think we also need to consider if we're going to come back here, versus how much time we are going to need to spend in Sigil. We know that Grythsz is a big player, we don't know anything at all about this mysterious woman."

Valas
Expert Poster

Post by Valas » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:33 am

Awaking from a semi-restful sleep, vivid nightmares interrupting any good sleep, he crankily arose and followed the rest of the party grumbling under his breath.

TheBaldMan
Newbie Poster

Post by TheBaldMan » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:31 am

"We mades a deal an I ain't gonna go backs on it. As longs as we gets back that is." Toad grunted, "I don't really likes them mirrors anyhow." She trampled along in an ungainly waddle. "Maybes we can gets a bonus for not sellin' the thing...but first we gots ta get it!"

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:44 am

((Full XP for whole party posting.))

GateCrash
Experienced User

Post by GateCrash » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:09 pm

The two locked doors were a simple puzzle, but effective in separating them. It was indeed remarkable that any drinks ever made it to the highest levels of the castle. Chiun wondered if servants on this plane benefited from the same immortality as warriors on the last.

"It is clear that two of us must stay here so that the others may continue," he said. "It is not as clear that any of you possess the concentration required to serve as a simple weight. I do not wish to be trapped on the other side of the door simply because one of you found the only butterfly in the castle to chase after." He knelt on the one of the trigger plates, eyes closed, serene.

"I will stay."

OOC: Conveniently (or not), I'm traveling this week and will not be able to make this session. I can be one of the keys to get through the door, if that helps.

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:55 pm

Darick snorted. "If you want to make like a stone and just stay there, Chiun, that's fine with me. I think we only need one door open, so if the demon dog or the wolf stayed on the other trigger, we should be okay." He looked at the heavy tray he was carrying around. "You know? I seriously doubt any servants here have to go through the same trials we do. I think the master of this realm is enjoying an immense joke at our expense. Not that I can fault him, I would do the same thing in his place."

tinbender
Expert Poster

Post by tinbender » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:56 pm

Ash rubs at his sore shoulder and gives the door a final kick. "Door try to smash. He turns toward the others. "So funny stones in here control door in other room with funny stones?"

Return to “Vanya Mia Campaigns”