Updating the DMFI 101 mod

A revival of the DM-Friendly Initiative (DMFI) for NWN
Carlo
Forum God
Updating the DMFI 101 mod

Post by Carlo » Fri May 24, 2019 7:43 pm

The next DMFI-related project is going to be an "Enhanced Edition" of the DMFI 101 tutorial mod - https://neverwintervault.org/project/nw ... want-be-dm

Some of the things to update will be obvious, such as a new version of the accompanying docs and installing the latest (1.09) version of the DMFI Wands and Widgets; the mod currently has version 1.07. This wasn't really worth updating in the context of a basic tutorial on DMing, which focused more on learning the DM client, but I expect I'll include a couple more demo scenarios of the most important DMFI tools.

I'd also welcome input (posted or PM'd) on what other changes/additions/updates people think would be most valuable in the new EE mod version.

Carlo
Forum God

Re: Updating the DMFI 101 mod

Post by Carlo » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:32 pm

The Enhanced Edition is now up on Neverwinter Vault: https://neverwintervault.org/project/nw ... ed-edition

DMFI 101: Enhanced Edition is a tutorial module that shows how to use the core functions of the Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition (NWN:EE) Dungeon Master (DM) client, as well as demonstrating some common uses of the DMFI Wands and Widgets. After completing this module, users will have the skills necessary to successfully run a multiplayer NWN session as a DM. For more experienced DMs, it can serve as a refresher.

This Enhanced Edition of the Hall of Fame DMFI 101: So You Want To Be A DM for NWN-1.69 has a significant amount of new content integrated into the tutorial areas, along with a bonus new area, the "Forest of Encounters"

The module guide contains instructions for installation and how to launch the DM client in NWN:EE, along with an outline of the module contents and a section on DM and Multiplayer Resources.