TDV Discussion

Purple Puppy's Campaigns

Moderator:Purple Puppy

Purple Puppy
Expert Poster
TDV Discussion

Post by Purple Puppy » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:56 pm

Discussion about the TDV campaign goes here.

The campaign runs once a week, most weeks, and is at:

Friday 7:00pm American EST
Saturday 12:00am UK time

The game goes for 2 1/4 hours, give or take a few minutes.

Klasa is our server host, so make sure you write down the connection information and password somewhere where you won't forget it - or just add 'KlasaSokata' to your Gamespy buddy-list and remember the password.

8-)

Purple Puppy
Expert Poster

Re: TDV Discussion

Post by Purple Puppy » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:37 pm

This site has 2 different ways of setting up a gamepage, 'add a campaign' and 'schedule a game', both of which have a different setup - so I'm not sure which to use, but they're information pages rather than weekly scheduling pages I think.

Anyways, I don't like the required entry of an 'end date' because that's never exact in these things because rescheduling happens a lot and sessions vary if the party gets sidetracked or there's connection issues. Ah well, I suppose it's only meant to be a rough estimate, so I'll pick one of the two gamepage types to begin using for next week's session.

Oh that reminds me: would you guys like this forum to be made private? It means you'll have yo use a password to get in, but the option is there if you'd like it. So tell me during the upcoming session and we'll figure it out then.

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:05 pm

Private or not doesn't bother me, Purple.
Character Profile, copy & paste from PM:

Name: Kurenai Shinita
Race: Human
Class/es: Fighter
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Special Weapon: Nodachi

Kurenai Shinita was the daughter of a skilled blacksmith named Jiro Shinita. Kurenai never really knew her mother, Anzu, who died of illness two years after Kurenai was born. Although Jiro was a master at his trade, he knew nothing about how to raise a child. Jiro would always be concerned about whether or not he was being a good parent. He loved his daughter unconditionally and often tried to find time between crafting jobs to spend with her. She learned quite a bit about forging weapons and armor from her father.

Kurenai for her part was an insightful child. She could tell that her father cared for her as well as his dearly departed wife. She could also see the pain in his heart whenever Anzu’s name came up. Although she never admitted it to her father, Kurenai could not help but feel that her mother’s death was her own fault. As such, Kurenai was a very obedient child because of that guilt. At first, Jiro was relieved to be blessed with such a good girl but he began to become concerned when Kurenai slowly shifted from obedient to submissive. She would aid him in any task he asked but when left to her own devices she merely waited for him to give her something to do.

In an effort to break her out of this belief that she could not think for herself, Jiro closed up the shop for a few months and devoted his entire attention on his daughter. The two traveled the countryside with no intended destination in mind and slowly Kurenai confessed her fears. Jiro told her that Anzu’s death was no one’s fault and that he was proud to have a daughter like Kurenai. The two truly bonded during their trip.

However, trouble awaited them as they began to return home via a forest path. A small group of bandits attempted to rob them. Jiro commanded Kurenai to run behind a nearby tree while he dealt with the bandits. Jiro knew his way around weapons and his muscle strength from his work at the forge was nothing to laugh about. Although Jiro was no where close to the Emperor’s elite guard, he was certainly more skilled at fighting than a group of low life thieves. He held his own against the bandits and prevented the ones in front of him from going after Kurenai. However, he neglected to see the one hidden in the brush making his way to Kurenai. He heard her scream out in fear but could do nothing until he dispatched with the remaining bandits.

The one that got by pinned Kurenai down and told her that he would have a little fun with her before taking everything she owned and killing her. The next few moments were a blur for Kurenai. Adreneline pumped through her veins as she realized that she needed to defend herself now. She barely spotted the bandit’s hunting dagger hanging on his belt. He apparently thought she was not worth the added precaution of arming himself. She somehow found the strength to take the weapon and stab her would be attacker in the leg. Jiro had to hold her back to stop her from stabbing the man even after he died.

They returned home in silence as the events of the failed robbery, rape and murder stayed firm in their minds. It was only until the next day that Kurenai broke the silence and asked Jiro to train her how to defend herself. She explained that relying on pure instincts made her uncomfortable and she wished to control and suppress this unwanted side of herself. Furthermore, had her opponent not been so careless, she would have perished. Reluctantly, Jiro gave in and began to teach her how to handle a weapon.

Jiro disliked the idea of her daughter having to fight, yet he realized that he could not protect her for her entire life. She needed a way to safeguard herself until Jiro could find a suitable husband to take care of her. Furthermore, Jiro was impressed by how quickly Kurenai picked up the basics. Eventually, Jiro taught Kurenai everything he could and it became obvious that she would need to find a new tutor to continue her training. When she was 19, Kurenai set out on her own after promising her father that she would not take any unnecessary risks and would at least look around for a nice husband. She is now 20 years of age and her swordsplay has greatly improved...she has yet to find the right man for her though.

Purple Puppy
Expert Poster

Post by Purple Puppy » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:29 am

Here's the sign-up page:

http://nwncampaigns.com/node/183

It's a little confusing, so I'm not sure if you guys want to keep using it or not, or we can just organize ourselves via the forums.

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:39 pm

We'll still need to use the forums for co-ordinating, though, but I don't mind using the signup sheet.

Purple Puppy
Expert Poster

Post by Purple Puppy » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:34 am

I'm on DLS now, so guys and gals has your DLS ended? It changes the time (for me) when we play, depending on whether you're still on DLS or not.

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:56 am

I don't think the US changes until next month, but I rarely pay attention to it until I see something in the paper about it.

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:54 am

UK hasn't changed yet, we go back to GMT on 26th October. According to websites the US changes on the first Sunday in November, which will be the week after. I don't know if anyone is from any other time zone.

My Friday nights are flexible enough to get by for a week or two, as long as there isn't a major change for the long term. So just let me know what time the game will start. :D

Purple Puppy
Expert Poster

Post by Purple Puppy » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:40 pm

Ah, okay I know what time the game is then. 8-)
Don't worry, it's the same time as usual for the rest of you anyway.

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:39 pm

Purple, don't forget to give us upgraded weapons or just give me the names and types and I'll upgrade them myself. 8-)