New Member Introductions Here

If you are new to Neverwinter Nights Campaigns, come here for answers
Dane Bramage
Expert Poster
New Member Introductions Here

Post by Dane Bramage » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:43 pm

Welcome to NWN Campaigns. A site devoted to helping players find like minded players to explore the many and varied worlds and adventures that Neverwinter Nights or Neverwinter Nights 2 has to offer.

Please introduce yourself to the community here. Tell us a bit about yourself. What games you like, what you do when you're not gaming. Every played pen and paper DnD? New to multiplayer RPGs in general?

We hope that you enjoy your time here and find some good games in which to play.

Welcome to NWNCampaigns.

NWN DM

Re: New Member Introductions Here

Post by NWN DM » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:54 am

I am 38 years young and have been gaming since the late 1970s.

For the majority (i.e. 99%) of my gaming "career" I've DMed for more players than I can remember... a number reaching over 200 would not be an exaggeration I don't think. The vast majority of my DMing has been done in the Greyhawk setting... with over 25 years of experience, I hope it isn't an exaggeration to say that I run a good game. ;)

I've been involved with NWN since prior to it's release. I won a contest on NWVault and was part of the beta test phase. I was part of the Builder/DM team on a Greyhawk themed PW between early 2003 and mid-2004. Since then I have run DMed campaigns in both NWN and, recently, NWN2 (links below).

Other games I enjoy are CoD4, although my reflexes just can't keep up with the kiddies who play 18 hours/day....

When not gaming, I spend time with my wife (maybe that should have been said the other way around...). At work I am in upper management at one of the largest contact centre outsourcing companies in the world. This is a stressful career... gaming helps me unwind.

Enough about me... except to say that if anyone is looking for a detailed, ongoing campaign to join, in either NWN or NWN2, please give my offerings some thought. Again, the links to more information are below.

Dane Bramage
Expert Poster

Post by Dane Bramage » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:54 am

Actually, NWN DM... I'm thinking of a CoD4 server for old fogies like you and me... I really enjoyed the SP campaign, but I get pwnd in online play.

Venture
Site Admin

Post by Venture » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:06 am

I'd be game for CoD4 multiplayer. I suck.

NWN DM

Post by NWN DM » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:11 am

Dane Bramage wrote:Actually, NWN DM... I'm thinking of a CoD4 server for old fogies like you and me... I really enjoyed the SP campaign, but I get pwnd in online play.
That would be awesome... I love playing Search & Destroy mode... much slower type of game and you have to be more careful: when you die, you're out for the round.

Forrestwolf
Newbie Poster

Post by Forrestwolf » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:47 am

Forrestwolf stopping by here! It's been probably weeks since I stopped by NWC, and now it seems to be down for good :( I'm glad you're trying to keep things going here, Venture, even if it's on an unofficial-nonconfrontational sort of basis (or not).

Anyway, I'm not really playing NWN these days, but I still like to see how the community is doing once in a while, so I wanted to register, let you know I'm around, and I'll check back to see how this whole things goes.

Ah - introductions! Long time NWN DM and Firefly/D20 NWN developer. In the time I've been playing NWN, my middle child was born, grew up, and is now PLAYING NWN himself. I guess that's a long-lived game :)

- FW

Dane Bramage
Expert Poster

Post by Dane Bramage » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:08 pm

Good to see you, Forrestwolf. Thanks for stopping by.

What games are you playing?

Dragonstar
Veteran Poster

Post by Dragonstar » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:12 pm

Kat Dragonstar was a precocious dragon when a wyrmling . . . . Wait, wrong forum. 8-)

At any rate, I've spent 25 years playing tabletop D&D, along with a host of other games like Shadowrun, Traveller, Star Wars, GURPS, etc. An on-line friend convinced me to try NWN. And now I'm not sure whether to thank him or praise him as I somehow developed this secondary job as the Project Manager of the PW Sojourney worlds. I have no other life now as I DM, build, and frequent forums like this. *chuckles*

Yet another friend has been trying to entice me off to play "Age of Conan." Riiiight!

Excellent job, Venture!

GM_ODA
Experienced User

Post by GM_ODA » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:11 am

Started with the boxed set waaaaay back in the late 70's, and that means I'm almost upon my 30th year of DMing (yeah, DM right from the start - NOBODY else played let alone DM'd then!). Been involved in the PnP and CRPG industry ever since at one level or another.

Found NWN and started building when it was pretty new, been building the same PW (massive) for almost six years now. You owe it to yourself to see what my associate Eriniel and I have wrought - very pnp, very different.

Hope to see you online.

Personal tours by request.

Be well. Game on.
GM_ODA

24x7 we bring the game.

Our forum http://aldohral.suddenlaunch3.com

Wiki http://nwn.wikia.com/wiki/ArgentumRegio

Web http://members.fortunecity.com/dragonizer

NWC Guild http://www.neverwinterconnections.com/g ... _in_dohral

alternate

http://nwncampaigns.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=22

BIOWARE Guild http://nwn.bioware.com/guilds_registry/ ... ?gid=15166

Server (24x7) 66.232.100.90:5121

Greywolf McGrowler
Experienced User

Post by Greywolf McGrowler » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:56 am

Let's see, I'm 36 and have been Roleplaying in the Forgotten Realms since I was 16 so that makes it 20 years now. When it came to the PnP games somehow I was always ended up DMing. I love creating things and building worlds with my imagination.

From CRPG's to PnP I've about done it all. I've been with NWN from the very begining though I could never get through the Original Game cause I loved building too much. I've created my own campaign called the Heartstone Saga way back when the game first came out and played it through twice when NWN first came out and again in 2004-05 on NWC site. Then through popular demand from a couple of people I'm doing it one last time.

When I'm not playing my campaign I'm on my 360. Last couple of games I played were Mass Effect then Bioshock. The next one I plan on getting is Fable 2 then Gears of War 2.

See you all here or there.
Greywolf McGrowler