Siege of Aldera Sunday OOC thread

Gulfwulf's Campaign
Gulfwulf
Forum God
Siege of Aldera Sunday OOC thread

Post by Gulfwulf » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:46 pm

Post any OOC comments in here (scheduling issues, etc.)

(reposted from the game page):

Rules for those of you who have not played with me before:

Walk everywhere unless you have a good reason to run, such as when in combat. The reason for this is that it's hard to keep track of everybody if you're all running around everywhere.

None of the NPCs have conversations on them. If you want to chat with them, talk to them as you would a fellow party member. The merchants will have a container nearby that houses their stores: click on the container to bring up the store. Please do not go around opening containers at random because you won't find anything in them and I may set it so that you gain chaos points for doing so.

Please use party chat when a session is active. You can enable party chat by clicking on the button on the lower left of the chat window that says "talk" and change it to party. Remember that just because everybody can "hear" you in party chat, does not mean that you should speak to somebody that's on the other side of the map or in a different cell. If you need to shout, emote it by saying *shouts* and then your text. Example: *shouts* Enemies ahead! In that vein, do not use the shout channel, that is for me to provide flavor text or to have NPCs shout at you. The exception to this is using text macros for frequently said sentences. The /p doesn't seem to take when setting up a quick slot.

Please stay in chacter (IC) while playing. If you must make an Out of Character (OOC) comment, mark it as such with either double slashes ( // ) or double parenthesis. IC comments are what your character is doing or saying at any particular time. I'm very liberal with my rp rewards so it behoves you to try to stay IC once we leave the OOC room.

Do not engage in combat with NPCs that are not attacking you or fellow party members. Doing so will likely cause you to be booted from the server and banned from the game. I don't expect you all to hold hands and sing Kumbya, but I do expect you to respect each other and me.

Pausing is for my use alone. If I pause the game, do not unpause it for I only pause when I absolutely must. Some of the situations and NPCs in the game are not setup upon load, so there may be times where I have to pause to either setup those situations or adjust a current one.

Total party kills (TPKs) and dying: these happen when proper tatics aren't being used. I'll try to keep things challenging, but this is not the Official Campaigns: if you do not employ tatics, there's a good chance one or more of you may die. The mod is setup so that dying causes you to bleed at the rate of -1 HP per round unless you stabalize or reach -10 HPs, at which time you're considered dead. raise dead and ressurection spells/scrolls apply an xp penalty for the character being brought back from the dead. While bleeding, your party members have an opportunity to use a healing kit, a spell or the BABD bandage in an attempt to heal you. My advice is to use either a kit or a spell because the bandage has a DC15 versus your base healing skill (no take 20) to work, while kits or spells will always work.

Full PvP: I play with Full PvP and the hard-core ruleset. This means that area of effect (AoE) spells like fireball will hurt your party members if they're not aimed properly. Consider this fair warning.

Resting: The campaign uses supply based resting: a resting systam that requires that you either have a campign kit (available from the general store vendors) or have access to a restful bed to rest. While resting, you're blind and deaf, but both affects disapear once you have rested. Resting inside a city holds no dangers, but resting out in the wilderness without a proper watch might. Note that the kits are fairly heavy (25lbs), but there's a lighter version (woodland kit) that druids and rangers can use. If you're not a druid or ranger, don't try to pick up a woodlands kit, you'll only loose it and I won't replace it. Druids and rangers can make a new kit depending upon where they are.

Legacy Items: Each new character may select one special item with which to start play. These items are a special legacy of the character’s background. You may select from the following items.
  • Masterwork weapon or armor (+1 to attack for weapons/skill bonus for armor).
    Wand holding a first-level spell.
    An article of clothing that provides a minor skill bonus.
    Another item of modest value (contact DM).
Legacy items will be worth 400-500gp, and cannot be sold. The specific item will be created by the DM and included in the module’s custom items palette.

Haks:

Dwarf Halls 1.1, part of the Community Tileset Project 1.5 release: http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Ha ... il&id=6992. Be sure to read the CTP installation instructions! Specifically, you'll need the common hak which wasn't included in the main archive if I remember correctly.

Lord of Worms Seasonal Forest v10: http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Ha ... il&id=6631.

Lord of Worms Mirkwood forest: http://www.4shared.com/file/aG1XKvhv/wrm_Mirkwood.html.

Bloodmonkey’s Rocky Mountains Final v.1.02: http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Ha ... il&id=3936.

Tribunal
Experienced User

Re: Siege of Aldera Sunday OOC thread

Post by Tribunal » Sat May 01, 2010 11:23 pm

Alright, got a bit of a problem.

My computer's power supply died this past tuesday, and the new one won't be delivered until Monday so I won't be able to attend this week's session. For some reason, NWCon won't recognize my password so I can't unsign myself from the game. If possible, could Gulf kick me from that session? Or the group agree not to mark me in a review for not being there since I can't unsign myself?

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Sun May 02, 2010 3:09 am

I'll remove you from the game, Tribunal. Thanks for the head's up.

tampamac2002
Expert Poster

Post by tampamac2002 » Sun May 02, 2010 9:57 pm

We'll miss you, buddy.
Hope your computer gets well soon.

Mac

tampamac2002
Expert Poster

Post by tampamac2002 » Sun May 02, 2010 10:59 pm

I read the journals from the previous campaign I was in, here for Aldera.
I picked out this gem from the whole thing.

"[tampamac2002] Mei : [Party] I am spent, no more healing. So, try not to use your body parts to fill the big bugs mouth, okay? "

I look forward to a chance to run through this again. Lots of fun times ahead.

Mac

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Mon May 03, 2010 12:13 am

I'll mention this in-game, but we're skipping next Sunday due to it being Mother's Day. I don't have anything planned, but mom's do deserve some time with their children. I'll up the XP to 200/300 since we're skipping a week.

Tribunal
Experienced User

Post by Tribunal » Tue May 04, 2010 2:42 am

Well, seems its lucky for me that the 9th's game is being canceled because the power supply wasn't the only thing wrong with my computer. As best as I can figure the motherboard is trashed as well so I'm going to have to lug the beast to a repair shop sometime this week and it definitely won't be ready in time for this weekend.

Tribunal
Experienced User

Post by Tribunal » Tue May 11, 2010 6:23 am

Another update. Due to unforeseen obstacles, I will not have a working computer in time for this weekend's game as well (5/16/2010). Really sorry about this guys but I'm trying to sort this stuff out as quickly as I can. Hopefully I'll be ready for the weekend after but if not I will probably drop the campaign on my own to free up the spot. Or if ya'll prefer I can drop earlier if Gulf wants the spot freed up sooner.

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Wed May 12, 2010 10:07 pm

I'd really like at least four players, but if your situation is preventing you from playing, then it might be best for us to only have three. As it is, you'll lag behind but not by much and can quickly catch up with posting, but missing more than one session could cause issues. I didn't want to have to deal with trying to make a henchman, but it looks like Kharl may be joining the party soon as one.

peachykeen
Experienced User

Post by peachykeen » Thu May 13, 2010 2:31 am

Just a heads-up, I may not be here this weekend. I should be, 95% sure, but...
I have somewhere to be Saturday evening that I'm committed to, and I was planning on returning early Sunday, which wouldn't have been an issue.
However, my truck has been having some problems and will either be in the shop or unable to make the trip, so transportation is up in the air. If I can still go, I'm not sure when I'll be returning. Most likely late afternoon, but in the off chance that something does go wrong and I can't get back in time, just wanted to make it known, since I won't have access to a computer while out of town.