IC Roleplay

Moderator:Valas

Valas
Expert Poster
Garm - Ayram

Post by Valas » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:18 am

« on: Aug 6, 2010, 3:17PM» Repost

Garm was no Interrogator, but everyone had to start somewhere. He figured this was Brand's field, but he was busy, and Acantha was only interested in the torture part. So someone had to ask the questions, and he was practically the only one left aside from Zeevja... who didn't really seem to have the attention span to do it.

"Alright. I'm sure you know how this works, friend, but just in case you don't... We ask questions, and you answer them truthfully. If you don't..."

Garm gave an exaggerated glance of pity at him and then a look at Acantha.

"Then you'll be in a lot of pain. Make no mistake, if she sets in, then you'll be begging her to stop... But she won't. That is... if you can keep from screaming instead. Even so, just look at her. She -wants- to flay you alive. And she barely even needs an excuse. I'm your best friend right now. Tell us what we want to know and this will be relatively painless for you. Savvy?"

Valas
Expert Poster

DM

Post by Valas » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:20 am

« on: Aug 16, 2010, 5:30PM» Repost

The interrogation began slowly escalating into a slow flaying by Acantha until the questioning turned toward the Shora Cartel. At that moment, the prisoner spasmed and died. Surprised, the team debated this event while with assistance from Medicae Tranton, they learned the prisoner had a miniature xenos device implanted in his skull which exploded.

Warp turbulence assaulted the ship as they pass near the edge of a storm causing the ship to toss about unexpectedly. During this turbulence, the gellar shield failed and something from the warp entered the ship and possessed Medicae Trantor. The team hustled to the shuttle bay and began to battle the entity from the warp. It radiated uncleanliness and confusion causing each of the acolytes to flee at some point. Psychic waves of energy slammed into the team along with blood encrusted claws until the entity was put down, and dissolved into a puddle of goo and bionics.

Gathering the remaining tainted parts, the team carried them to the incinerator and cleansed them with fire.

Artificer Shaun spoke " Officer Garm, that power armor has taken much damage and is in terrible condition! Have you be conducting the Rituals of Repair and Appeasion to the Machine Spirit within?" his voice carrying a slight edge of disapproval. "Tech Priest Severian, I will expect better care and instruction for your team's items in the future. Ensure they perform the appropriate Litanys!"

"Please surrender it to me for repair." He turns and looks at the others and says " if any of you also have power armor in a similar state, give it to me now."

His mechadendrites moving restlessly like irritated snakes, he awaits surrender of the power armor and speaks once more.

"Also, I will need a list of items that you may need on your current mission so I may manufacture them."

Valas
Expert Poster

Garm - Ayram

Post by Valas » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:21 am

« on: Aug 18, 2010, 5:04PM» Repost

That chastising tone of the artificer actually worked on Garm more than he would have liked to admit. He had indeed been neglecting the armor, and it would have been his own fault if the suit were to fail. This was his first suit of power armor and he was still inexperienced in its use, but that was no excuse. He resolved to have Severian instruct him how to properly maintain it while they were adrift.

After surrendering his armor. Garm also set about making a list for the artificer.

Valas
Expert Poster

Severian - SA

Post by Valas » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:23 am

« on: Aug 27, 2010, 6:12AM» Repost

"Ah, you are here. Good," the tech-priest comments, clunking his way into the common-room of the ship and finding the various members of Team Vigilant nearby. "I have been attempting to prepare a list of equipment that we will find useful, but I think that some experience in being completely composed of weak flesh may be some aid in this endeavor. Thus I have sought you out..."

OOC: Sev's list includes!

- Weather and corrosion-proof tenting and some bedding
- Insect repellent
- Heavy-duty weather/corrosion proof clothing
- Antivenom
- Filtration plugs!
- The usual wodge of medicinals
- Flamers (for the killer undergrowth!)
- Chainsaws (likewise)
- Some sort of psychic dampener for Zeevja (to avoid being hunted by Phyrrcats)
- Some more meltabombs, those things are cool
- Ammo for our various guns
- Some more chemical lightsticks
- A camping heater and food!

Any other suggestions?

Valas
Expert Poster

Acantha - VM

Post by Valas » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:24 am

« on: Aug 29, 2010, 11:47AM» Repost

Acantha purses her lips thoughtfully for a moment and nods as Severian finishes. "I would think any means you have to mitigate the effect of poisons would be a necessity," she said. "Even with the Emperor's blessing we are almost inevitably going to suffer exposure to them and if they are as deadly as implied we will need protection. Preferably in avoiding the effects to beging with as much as reversing any symptoms we might experience."

((OOC - Poison resistance of some fashion in armour would be useful.))

Valas
Expert Poster

DM

Post by Valas » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:24 am

« on: Sep 22, 2010, 8:25PM» Repost

Outfitted and briefed by the Magos Biologisis, the team made the trip down to the planet. Arriving on the space pad, the team discovered another ship parked at the prison space pad.

Moving toward the prison gate, they encountered a group of prisoners returning to the prison from the jungle after a "harvest" trip. Speaking with one prisoner, the team made a bargain for information. Now the jungle lies before them... can they survive its deadly gene toxins and restless inhabitants?

Valas
Expert Poster

Garm - Ayram

Post by Valas » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:26 am

« on: Sep 24, 2010, 4:04AM» Repost

While he was in the Guard, Garm had been deployed to countless dangerous environments. But this one seemed to take the prize in wanting him dead even before he touched down. And he'd concluded that just after their briefing.

Now they were here. And he felt as if he were standing before the maw of the beast. And the only direction to go was forward. Having no choice in the matter helped... if it had been up to him, he might have turned away, found another way to get what they were after.

But he was used to fear. He'd learned to deal with it as a Guardsman, and especially so as an officer. First rule of dealing with fear? Never show it, under any circumstance. There's no such thing as a fearful officer... fear takes away one's authority in addition to one's ability to fight in The Emperor's name.

Not that this team needed a pillar of courage. They were all in the service of the Inquisition, and you don't get to be here by showing or even suggesting cowardice. In fact, if it weren't for the Necron incident, Garm would still have believed some of his team incapable of the emotion.

Leading them was something he tended to feel insecure about doing, despite his history as a sergeant in the Guard. But if it wasn't him making the decisions, then it would be one of them. And while they had all proven themselves to be dutiful servants of the Emperor, Garm felt that he was the best man for the job.

Acantha was a lethal weapon, but also obviously very disturbed as a result of her Death Cult. Any length of conversation with her inevitably ended with homicidal sentiments or a hiss.

Severian had divided loyalties.

Zeevja simply wasn't all there, and it wasn't out of the realm of possibility for her to combust on the spot.

And Brand... Garm felt he did his best work taking orders. Or at least his best work in service to the inquisition.

And so he took a deep breath, and resolved to be the first of them to enter the mouth of this beast of a planet.

Valas
Expert Poster

Severian - SA

Post by Valas » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:28 am

« on: Sep 24, 2010, 5:30PM» Repost

The jungle awaited. A planet-sized steaming hellhole, dripping with a thousand casual deaths. Hot, steamy, insect-filled, predatory and wholly unpleasant in every humanly possible way, it was madness to even set one foot inside, let alone venture deep into the heart of hell as they were planning.

And yet, it seemed the tech-priest only had eyes for the team's shuttle. Casting suspicious glances back to the landing-pad, following the path the convict had taken, wearing the dirty look of a tech-priest believing someone's about to do something unsanctioned to a piece of machinery. He muttered a series of machine-code curses under his breath. "We did not ask as to the nature of that man's crimes, did we?" he says. "If he attempts to rig our shuttle for takeoff, I will have him as our next replacement servitor-pilot, so I swear." His mechadentrites clacked irritably.

Valas
Expert Poster

Acantha - VM

Post by Valas » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:29 am

« on: Sep 24, 2010, 5:45PM» Repost

Acantha did not look particularly happy with the situation either, but her ire did not seem to be directed at the coming expedition. Instead she stared after the convict.

"You could use the parts of him that were left for any purpose should he do so," she said to Severian, "I am less concerned with him compromising the craft, and more concerned with the possibility of it not being here when we return, but that is also a concern."

"I am not certain how it is we are expected to trust his actions, nor how it is you can guarantee his freedom without consultation," she continued, looking pointedly at Garm. "With us, let alone with our superiors."

Valas
Expert Poster

Garm - Ayram

Post by Valas » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:31 am

« on: Sep 24, 2010, 6:01PM» Repost

Garm shook his head.

"I understand your fears, believe me. But I only said what I did because anything that increases our chances- anything at all, no matter how small, of coming away alive from this hole is worth the risk. Still, as far as I'm concerned, I lied to the man.

But if we come away from this alive and we're feeling generous, we can decide if we want to keep our word then. Right now, we have to catch that team ahead of us."