Newbie Poster
Re: New Member Introductions Here

Post by OTR » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:25 pm

:D

totesmagotes
Newbie Poster

Post by totesmagotes » Thu May 30, 2013 4:56 am

Hi, I'm a computer programmer, I'm 30 years old, and I haven't played NWN in a really long time! The last time I played, neverwinter connections was a thriving site, now I look at it, and its a ghost town. My sister lives far away, and we sometimes game online together, her boyfriend sometimes plays with us too. We were looking for some games other than Starcraft to play, and this came to mind. I'd love to play this again, in fact I'd like to DM a campaign (which I've never done before, but I just played through the DMFI tutorial module), I'm just worried about the initial technical hurdles of getting a server or whatever, since gamespy doesn't support this game anymore. Its sad, really, because I was expecting to find people still playing this game, kind of like how Starcraft (the original) was going strong long after its release.

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Thu May 30, 2013 3:16 pm

There's a few of us here still, I know of five campaigns operating out of the site at least, and there are others that can be contacted through the Bioware site.

If it's help on how to set up your server, etc, then you can definitely still get that here. :)

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Thu May 30, 2013 10:03 pm

Hosting a game is easy provided you're not using a router. If you are, then all you should have to do is setup port forwarding. I'm very familiar with that and can link you to some guides if you need them.

As for the DMed game, I have some experience and wouldn't mind helping you learn the ropes, so to speak, but I can't host because my wife and I use 4G wireless and it doesn't like servers for some reason. I stopped dming late last year due to a family medical issue, so hosting isn't a problem.

tojts
Newbie Poster

Post by tojts » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:22 pm

G'day all!

I'm, as many others here?, an old user of NWC (same name used there). I thought I would at least register here in hope and desire to get back into NWN (yes, version 1) RPing. I've got lots of old material which could be resurrected. I can play action oriented or RP (or both :tongue: ).

Since the crazy days (and nights) at NWC running improv-games with the bored people in the chat (and more), I've actually got back into gaming for a while and now back at not much again. And maybe that is why I am here. I hope everyone have had a good few years since I might have met in-game. See you around maybe.

Dreadlord_Anwyn
Newbie Poster

Post by Dreadlord_Anwyn » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:28 pm

Hi, I used to do some NWC back in the day, was in the top 5 DMs a few times.

I'm currently developing a PW as a way of fleshing out a fantasy setting Im working on as a writer, sans DnD references...

The PW is very much designed for the old style of RP world - I used to play on servers like Dusk Haven and Folderol. My world, Time of Atlantis is an alternate universe forgotten realms that hybrids Greyhawk and the Mystara setting from the old box sets (Basic, Expert, etc) with mythology and my own personal things. Even has elements from old Judge's Guild mods.

Its very open world in design - there are 32 options for start locations depending on race, class, and alignment. I plan to make it so you can change your origin point as RP reward or when you take a new class. There are also origin points other than the 32 start locations. Theyre basically inn rooms in an area geared towards certain types of adventurers, some more flexible than others in that regard.

Its also a multicultural world. I have Anchorome and Maztica as the New World, Atlantis and Ostland are your eurocentric gaming environments, then theres middle-eastern/grecian Sessania, africa-india hybrid of Gondowa, far east flavored Shen, Mu, and Lemuria, and a distant continent called Ozmia thats kinda inspired by the old Isle of Dread mod and the old 70s Land of the Lost TV show.

Ive been working on it over a year now. Id like it if I could DM campaigns in it before it becomes a PW and kinda shape its destiny sandbox style.

Heres a NW Vault link: https://neverwintervault.org/project/nw ... e-atlantis