Devotion Campaign Planning and Discussion Thread

Moderator:Lazybones

Lazybones
Forum God
Re: Devotion Campaign Planning and Discussion Thread

Post by Lazybones » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:30 am

Also, I've decided to back away from the uber-difficulty I'd suggested before. I was playing some Baldur's Gate 2 and Icewind Dale this weekend (got the Enhanced Editions of both during the Steam summer sale) and it reminded me how deadly D&D can be at low levels. I'll run the game at the D&D Hardcore rules setting, which is basically full PVP, monsters can score crits, petrification is permanent (until dispelled), and damage is normal for both sides.

http://nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Difficulty_setting

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:18 am

//My travel plans got pushed up to Tuesday, so it looks like I should be around provided I can get my computer setup before Saturday.

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:15 pm

Portraits for both Shanni and Suula for those who want them.

Portraits

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:46 am

Posting rules will be the same as in the X-COM campaign; players may post something in-character (it doesn't have to be long, but it should advance the game or develop your character in some way) each week to gain a bonus of (100xp*lowest party level). If everyone posts in a given week the group will receive an extra 50% bonus. Posts must be made at least 24 hours before the start of the game to earn the credit. Origin posts like the ones already posted in the thread count.

Karvon
Forum God

Post by Karvon » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:52 am

Slade had never been on ship before. The elf found it somewhat disconcerting at first to be on the open seas beyond the sight of land. He steeled himself with the reminder this was but one of many upcoming experiences which would help prepare him to be a better hunter. One must learn the ways and manners of thinking of one's prey. This temple in the Moonshae Isles would give him a unique opportunity to safely observe and study a wide variety of folk s and the gods they worshiped. As for himself, he held no gods in awe, nature's power was all he acknowledged.

//Elven Ranger

smartalec
Extreme Poster

Post by smartalec » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:21 pm

The harbour at Murann was bustlingly busy. Tall ships resting in port by the dozen, jetties and wharfs thronging with waves of people getting on board, getting off, carrying packs and trunks and barrels and crates and bales of rope and cloth and wood sometimes, other crewmen. It was a typical day at the City of Sailors. A typical, unlucky day.

Suula stood unmoving in the centre of the harbour road, next to her sister. For most people this would have a poor idea, but the black robes, twin-antler holy symbol and wintry stare had managed to keep the crush of the crowd back. Sailors were naturally superstitious anyway, and no-one going to sea wanted the displeasure of Beshaba. A bubble of empty space had formed around the two priestesses, and within it, Suula counted.

"There. See that?" she said, pointing at a knot of people, crashing wood and raised voices. "That's the twenty-seventh dropped crate today. Two people, not looking where they were going, and bam. Oranges and splinters everywhere. And take a look at this idiot." She snorted, staring at a man in overalls who had tried to prop up a ladder against the hull of an anchored ship in order to repaint the name Iomramh on its hull. "HEY!" she yelled at the top of her voice. "LADDER MAN! YOU'RE GOING TO FALL OFF!"

The hull-painter heard, miraculously, and turned atop the ladder to see the black-robed priestess staring at him from across the harbour. He scowled hard enough to match her own scowl, and waved his paintbrush defiantly, rejecting her evil eye. He took in breath to yell a retort, but as he did so, he overbalanced... unstable ladder, the motion of the ship upon the sea and his own weight coming together at just the right moment to topple it all. His intended scorn became a surprised yell as he hit the water, paint-can following him. Somewhere close by, someone cried in dismay as they found a paintbrush in their hair.

Suula shook her head and folded her arms, unimpressed. She turned to her sister. "And that's the fiftieth person falling in the sea. You think these people deserve good luck in their lives?"

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:16 pm

"Seriously, Sis, do you have to?" She craned her neck to see over the edge of the dock to where the fallen painter had managed to snag an empty cask that was quite miraculously floating by. The wave motions of the dock coincidentally moved the ship away from the dock to allow him to be easily reached by concerned fellows, who seemingly risked their own safety to give him a helping hand out of the water. The boat pressing back against the sandbags only when those who braved danger to aid the painter were safely out of the way.

"Iomramh is such a lovely name, after all." Shanni smiled benevolently as the fellow was helped to his feet and, looking around for a target of his ire, caught her eye. He bowed slightly, anger dissipating, and was rewarded with a broad grin and wave of her hand. "Sounds full of opportunity, don't you think? Journeys to far away places, filled with exotic people, and wild adventure. That'll be us soon." She spread her arms wide to indicate further than the dock. "We get to see the world and all it holds."

"Besides, we both know that's not the way it works." Further to the side some of the oranges had rolled into an unoccupied bay and one of the braver dockside waifs had braved the water to get to them. Diving in and gathering them up and then throwing them to his hungry fellows, who darted away with their prize between the crates. Dodging recklessly under the carried crates, and into narrowing gaps which closed before the annoyed merchants could catch the children to retrieve them.

"Luck will find them if they seek it."

Topato
Extreme Poster

Post by Topato » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:00 pm

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:39 pm

((I'll get the server up early so that people can roll. 80.4.11.238:5121 and usual password))

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:06 pm

+150xp for all characters for IC posting this week.

Return to “Saturday Forgotten Realms Campaign”