The Dragon's Village 2017

Moderator:Lazybones

smartalec
Extreme Poster
Re: The Dragon's Village 2017

Post by smartalec » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:06 pm

Wen looked at Tianlong, and the monk, puzzled. "The Mountain King...? Is this where you are from, Tian?" He stares up at the mountains, struggling to comprehend the idea of what lay atop, or within. "You've never spoken of... mountains, and kings, before... not in any of your tales. Is this... will this be safe, for us? Or you?"

"Truly, the Way of the world is the Way of returning," he says to himself.

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:31 pm

"Which mountain king is the one we see?" Moriko asked then she spread her arms wide and span around slowly. "Many mountains each with a king. Big ones little ones. Near and far." She looked at Master as he rumbled and then at Tianlong.

"Oh, is it a man?" She queried. "Men cannot be mountain kings. The real one might get annoyed. In which case they erupt!"

Shadani
Extreme Poster

Post by Shadani » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:35 pm

"I don't think it's a man," Ning said, quietly. "But I do not think it is a spirit, either. Or at least, I do not think it is much like other spirits."

She glanced over towards Tianlong; tried not to sound too harsh or too judgemental. "You've never told us much about where you came from, Tian. And that's fine. There's a lot of things about me that I don't like to talk about, either. But it feels like now might be a good time."

((So, Kylerayner tells me he probably won't be able to make it tomorrow due to his PC going poof on him at a highly inopportune time. Hopeful he'll get it fixed by next week - not least because I need him paladining in the campaign I run, too!))

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:30 am

It might actually be a little easier to bring him in after you've arrived at the frontier citadel.

Session 16

+750xp for full-party IC posting.

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:07 pm

((Server is up.))

Karvon
Forum God

Post by Karvon » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:17 am

The mountains king's fortress was a wash as far as Gojiro was concerned. The place had been loaded with traps and heavily locked doors that he had to bust down as no one else seemed strong enough. They fought a bunch of strange earth monsters and shadows and got next to no loot. They did free a dragon who promised to help them in the future but Gojira wasn't keeping his fingers crossed. He had used up about half of his healing supplies and wondered when he was going to be able to replenish those.

Mirgalen
Extreme Poster

Post by Mirgalen » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:06 am

The group ventured into the "tomb" or perhaps sanctuary. It did not look or feel like a monk trial, at least not like one Tenko had done before. The whole thing turned out to be a pretty challenging mission as the places had locked doors and gates, traps and contraptions. Sometimes it was a flash of electrical energy other times it was a spry of acid. If that was not enough they were guardians. Some made from earth and crystal, others made of thin air. The last room had a "frozen" dragon that looked like a statue. It took some thinking to set it free. They all got out alive and rejoined the soldiers who had been waiting for two days. Tenko managed to get a new kama, his very first enchanted weapon...

//

Technical stuff

My nwn config is a clone of what was on my old win7 netbook. nwn is working with saved games but I do have 2 glitches: alt+tab does nothing and sometimes keyboard does stop responding (within nwn). I will see how this can be fixed.

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:56 pm

We've only just started the third module in a five-mod campaign, but the time demands of NWN building means I've already started thinking about the next campaign.

I have two options for you to consider. It's not an either-or since we will eventually get to both if our game continues, but I will prioritize the one that the majority selects.
  • Assault on Aldera: I've mentioned this one before, it's a prequel/replay of the Siege of Aldera campaign that most of you have played, except from the point of view of the bad guys. Drow, duergar, hobgoblins, and other humanoids will be playable races. This is an "evil" campaign but it will be more like our X-COM: Aliens campaign where you all have to work together for a common purpose than a true PvP campaign. And speaking of X-COM, the second choice is:
  • X-COM 2: Not the "Terror from the Deep" mod we played, but based on the sequel to 2014's "X-COM: Enemy Unknown." The premise is that humanity lost the war against the aliens, and now you must lead a resistance cell trying to overcome the powerful ADVENT organization that rules the Earth. This would use the same base mod as our prior X-COM campaigns but with new alien types, missions, tech tree, and story. If you've played X-COM 2 you would have some spoilers going in but I'm going to tweak the game's plot somewhat.
Let me know what you guys think. I anticipate that we will be playing Dragon's Village until early summer.

Karvon
Forum God

Post by Karvon » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:15 am

//I prefer fantasy, but the sci-fi one would Ok, if that's what the majority wants to do next.

Topato
Extreme Poster

Post by Topato » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:20 am

// X-com 2 would be an awesome setting, Would definitely get my vote.

Tian felt genuinely moved for the first time in a long while, freeing the mountain king had gotten through his bluff exterior and stirred up some deep memories and emotions.

He maintained his normal facade, as he spun his new toy, the firey kama, around his finger. "Well, now that that little diversion is out of the way, we had probably better make haste with our mission!"

Return to “Saturday Forgotten Realms Campaign”