Assault on Aldera Campaign

Moderator:Lazybones

Lazybones
Forum God
Re: Assault on Aldera Campaign

Post by Lazybones » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:19 pm

Session 2

+150 to Tian'ith, Ravillon, Redfang, and Rogha for IC posts.
+300 to Miiq.

Topato
Extreme Poster

Post by Topato » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:02 am

//My intro counts as a post no? I don't want to be the one who cost people their bonus! D:

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:29 pm

Just an oversight on my part. Added.

LB

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:08 pm

((I've checked Rogha's head and it's the right one to have horns in both the Aldera mod and in base CEP. It's even a NWN original head though could be affected by local haks. I have no idea why some could see it and some not, unless there is something in the local override folder.

Also, server up.))

Mirgalen
Extreme Poster

Post by Mirgalen » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:24 am

Cattle raiding!

Still wearing rags and runes and nothing but bare fists as weapons Rogha followed the group somewhere under to gather a herd of rothes.
These large mammals looked like musk oxen.
The task was simple except for guards who did not like their stuff taken. Blast!
Rogha had nothing to fight with. She ended up healing the best she could those who were hurt. Later she even healed a couple of beasts who may have not made it alive otherwise.

//

1. Sorry waisted some of the healing stuff (all gone).

2. Spell Selection for Rogha:
Cantrips: Acid/Electric/Frost and Flare (work well with songs)
Level 1: Endure Elements the 2nd spell should be lore but I don't mind changing it to Summon I (a little spell I use even at level 40).
What do you guys think?

3. RL: Around late September earIy October I will be away for one week end travelling around the Mekong river. Not sure about the wifi where I will be. I shall keep you guys posted ASAP.

Topato
Extreme Poster

Post by Topato » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:30 pm

Redfang was still mistrustful of their situation, and the whole deal in general, but the Derro had played it straight with him so far, despite their reputation as nutcases. Maybe this really was his chance to get his own back. As for the other members of this little warband.. well, they seemed to vary greatly in terms of sanity and capability, but he'd see what use they could be, and how far they could be trusted.

// I am out Saturday, it's my works "summer" party :(

Karvon
Forum God

Post by Karvon » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:54 am

The servant paused at the entrance to the cell and peered cautiously in. Reflections from a large circle of fire danced along the walls. A large hulking figured sat bathing in the flames.

"Pardon my lord, you're summoned to serve." he stammered.

The dark form slowly turned to face him, a pair of yellow eyes, gleaming in the flames, stared silently.

"Shall I say you are on your way lord?"

"Yes"

The servant fled back up the passage.

Klasa
Expert Poster

Post by Klasa » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:14 am

Ravillon was not impressed with how things had gone. The majority of them were ryld, which was perhaps not that surprising, but they weren't equipped at all, aside from the orc. The fact that they survived their skirmishes was in her opinion a testament to her skills and perhaps also to the sheer survival desires of these ryld.

But that alone wouldn't save them again in the future, so she decided to outfit them with some equipment. Who knows, perhaps with equipment they would surprise her with actual skills. Or maybe they'd still die and now she'd have bloodied equipment to retrieve. The latter result was only a minor annoyance, but the former would be welcome, if not expected.

Either way she would know come the following day.

Shadani
Extreme Poster

Post by Shadani » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:19 pm

Miiq was pleased.

Among his own people, he rarely had a place to call his own. Even when he enjoyed the worship of this disciples, he never had an abode quite as clean and well-appointed an abode as this. He had feared the dwarf woman's words to be full of empty promises, but though the derro were struggling and few, they were clearly not yet without gifts to give.

It was only a shadow of the respect he deserved, of course. But it was a start.

smartalec
Extreme Poster

Post by smartalec » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:22 pm

The next hour, a hooded figure finds the Derro settlement, and after a whispered conversation with those at the gate, is allowed inside. Before long, that same figure pushes aside the door to the building the others stay at, sweeping aside his cloak in a dramatic fashion. The wizard - for it is he! - strolls in as if he owns the place, and gives an imperious nod, belaying his breathlessness and travelstained look. He sweeps a look over the assembled strange beings inside... and moves to find his partner's side.

"They're not going to pick up our trail for a while at least," Zau'lann said. "I think I deserve something for that."

Return to “Saturday Forgotten Realms Campaign”