Status update

Moderator:Carlo

Carlo
Forum God
Status update

Post by Carlo » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:10 pm

Work-wise, I'm currently in limbo as my legal paperwork makes its way (very slowly) through the system. Progress is being made, but I won't be able to complete the move for my new job until around early November (best guess).

In the meantime, I'm still capable of hosting, but I expect will have a couple of schedule disruptions between now and the move, for some vacation and/or training.

September 30 (the current placeholder session time) is still possible, but at this point i'm not sure of my status the following two weeks.

Will plan to resume the campaign whenever it makes the most sense and is best for everyone, is what it boils down to. Will post further info/updates here as they roll in.

On a related note, given the new circumstances the party finds itself in and following the completion of the dungeon crawl, this would seem to be a good place to introduce any new PCs/players to the campaign, if we can recruit a serious roleplayer or two.

Welcome your thoughts on all of the above.

Jaokith
Veteran Poster

Re: Status update

Post by Jaokith » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:24 pm

I'm fine with both introducing some new players and starting back up on the 30th despite maybe having to take a few weeks off afterward.

I have tried to recruit some people in the past and have failed miserably at it. Whatever works best for everyone else I'm game.

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:10 am

Unfortunately I have to say I will not be returning. Thought long and hard about it as I've been having difficulty attending for a long time, and if it wasn't for the frequent breaks (many of which have been because of my schedule) I would have had to leave sooner.

The end of the last story arc hit up against a factor I'd included in her character aims to account for something else in her background, and the ensuing conversation exacerbated it, so it's easy to see her just drop off at the back and fade away to tackle the problem in her own fashion.

I wish you all well. It's been a good few years. Take care.

Carlo
Forum God

Post by Carlo » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:12 am

Thanks for posting, VM. It's been a pleasure having Shanni adventuring in Westgate and various lands beyond. Best wishes with your other projects.

I'd like to wait to hear from the remaining players before committing to a particular restart date, and/or advertising for new players. Basically at this point we can choose to restart on September 30th with the three remaining PCs, or wait for a later date if that would be better / more convenient.

Carlo
Forum God

Post by Carlo » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:28 pm

Since we haven't heard from Ken or SA yet, what I'll plan to do is put up the server tomorrow (Sep 30) at the usual time (2:00 PM Eastern US) for anyone who wants to enter for a group chat in the Campaign Chamber. My inclination at this point, since my job/move transition is going slower than expected and further disruptions will be coming up, is to put the campaign into hibernation until January.

Carlo
Forum God

Post by Carlo » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:18 pm

I'll post when the server's up, along with the IP. One thing, I'll have it set to Local Vault, so please enter with the latest version of your PC that's locally saved (which should in fact be the latest version, since they're auto-exported each session). I managed to transfer over everything from the desktop (which is somewhere in transit) to my laptop - except the server vault, it seems.

Carlo
Forum God

Post by Carlo » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:58 pm

It's up on 74.96.224.68

Don't forget the Local Vault part.

adamaeldar
Veteran Poster

Post by adamaeldar » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:04 pm

I seem to be having issues logging directly to the IP address - getting a wrong password error. Can you PM me the password so I'm sure I've got the right one? Or just reply here either way.

Carlo
Forum God

Post by Carlo » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:04 pm

Ah, sorry about the pw. There was a typo in it (new server), will take it down and fix it. Hadn't actually had to input it for several years...

adamaeldar
Veteran Poster

Post by adamaeldar » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:06 pm

Perfect, was hoping that was what it was. The alternative is that my brain is growing soft.