NWN 1:EE

Moderator:Lazybones

Lazybones
Forum God
Re: NWN 1:EE

Post by Lazybones » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:40 am

Just a heads-up that the NWN:EE is on sale for half off ($10 in the US) at the Steam store through November 20.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/7044 ... d_Edition/

I went ahead and bought a copy, though I doubt I will have a chance to play around with it for a while.

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:47 pm

I got it too and plan to try it out MP shortly, plus have a look at D20 Modern with it - not least as it may let us roll characters online. Can't see much difference graphically from NWN on playing but if it gives that and improves server stability that's as good as anything for the price.

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:06 am

Campaign update:

Sorry if I assumed too much regarding whether to continue with this group of characters into Escape from Chult. My recollection was that we'd discussed it and decided that too many of you had played it too recently. I'm happy to continue this campaign later, but it will take more time than we have left to update the mod for this group (my plans had been to swap around some of the factions and add some new quests suitable for this group and its unique interests). I can definitely prep it for a run after X-COM 2 if that is the consensus.

X-COM 2 will be a long campaign, maybe six to eight months?

I have also begun setting up a new campaign in NWN:EE. It is called "Forgotten Lore," and it is more of a standard D&D heroic fantasy set in a custom world of my own creation. I've only put in about 12 hours so far so it's still at the early stages, but it will be a full 1st level-to-epic story like our ancient Greece campaign was. I've written a 5th Edition campaign guide for this setting and have spent the last two years writing a long Story Hour at ENWorld to flesh it out (don't read it, it contains spoilers!), so it would be a pretty fast build if you decide that you'd like to run that after X-COM 2.

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:34 pm

I'd like to go forward into another campaign with this party. Tian'ith may be next to useless but the party dynamics are different and I think that while the areas are the same it's the party who put a slant on any campaign story. Plus I actually quite like paralleling a different group, glutton for punishment that I am.

However, the Forgotten Lore campaign sounds cool too. I'd be more than happy moving into that post XCOM2 and then coming back to these and Aldera at a future date beyond that. Hopefully that would give you time to make changes effectively and perhaps the extra time distance OOC would help dissenters too?

Mirgalen
Extreme Poster

Post by Mirgalen » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:21 pm

I would second VM regarding continuing with this party a bit more. "Tian'ith may be next to useless" so is Rogha IMHO but it makes the campaign more interesting.

AFAIK EE (pc/mac) can be purchased from Beamdog or Steam. However Beamdog sells EE for about USD20 while Steam sells it for about half that price. I do not think GOG has it. I can certainly get the steam version installed before our next session.

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:17 pm

Given your issues with lag I would look at setting up NWN EE so you can run it without having to have Steam running in the background. It should be possible, as I run other games that way, but would seriously look into it.

Mirgalen
Extreme Poster

Post by Mirgalen » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:02 am

Thanks VM.

Something like this may help (pasted this from youtube):

"How to setup direct connect for NWN:EE

Same process if your using beamdog, just find the nwmain.exe in the install folder and do the same thing.

Add +connect 45.77.237.205:5121 to the target line in the shortcut properties. (change the ip to your favorite server which you can get by clicking on Server Details when viewing the list of servers in game).

Doing this may bypass steam workshop content from being loaded."

Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sae3eaYqPcc

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:48 pm

I wouldn't bother doing the automatic connect thing personally, it's unnecessary now servers can be searched for once more and we supply the IP anyway.

Mirgalen
Extreme Poster

Post by Mirgalen » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:30 pm

FYI Got vanilla EE (from STEAM) up and running. Not sure where the files are.

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:31 am

The haks and other files go in your system drive under Users/[your user name]/Documents/Neverwinter Nights.

Return to “Saturday Forgotten Realms Campaign”