X-COM 2 - 2019 Campaign Thread

Moderator:Lazybones

Ayram
Veteran Poster
Re: X-COM 2 - 2019 Campaign Thread

Post by Ayram » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:57 pm

As psionics are a big part of the game, I was wondering how we will deal with them? I gather from VM that it's not really implemented, but is it possible we can make characters that may eventually be psionic? I was thinking about the Templars, and how i really liked them in XCOM 2.

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:01 pm

Well it /could/ be implemented, if I get my finger out, but there are class constraints so it wouldn't be easy for just anyone to take them.

Klasa
Expert Poster

Post by Klasa » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:07 am

The world was bein' bamboozled. And it felt like only one man knew it sometimes. People called him crazy, but he knew better. Yes, Old Man Henderson knew much better. These commie aliens and all their 'gifts' were up to no good. Old Man Henderson knew what these gifts could do, yes. The aliens had taken him, after all. Abducted him from his retirement. Experimented on him. Probed him. All that normal alien abduction stuff. They they probably never expected him to live.

But Old Man Henderson was strong. He had been to 'Nam. World War 2. Heck, maybe even World War 1. Was hard to remember that far back sometimes. So he knew he was plenty tough already. Heck, aliens must 'ave too. But he was tougher than they thought. He lived. He thrived. He was stronger than a man his age should be. Faster, tougher, though maybe not smarter, but you'd best not say them to his face. The experiments didn't kill Old Man Henderson. They only made him better. And he'd get revenge on them damn commies for all they did to him and his friends and family.

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:11 pm

Ayram wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:57 pm
As psionics are a big part of the game, I was wondering how we will deal with them? I gather from VM that it's not really implemented, but is it possible we can make characters that may eventually be psionic? I was thinking about the Templars, and how i really liked them in XCOM 2.
Psionics are part of the game but have been implemented by script; you don't have to take a particular class, though your non-physical ability scores [WIS, INT, CHA] will have an impact. You'll have to research Psionics before you can open up that character path.

Mirgalen
Extreme Poster

Post by Mirgalen » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:56 am

I am considering playing a character who is a relative of the one I played previously in Area 51 or X-COM 2. He was part of Hong Kong Special Forces before joining the team.

LB/VM do you still have that character?

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:15 am

I don't believe I was hosting at the time and don't know the character you mean. The earliest character of yours I have is Andreas from the Heroes of the Peloponnese campaign. I also don't remember you playing in LB's runs of the campaign, so I think you may have played in Mulu's if you have done the campaign before. Either way, as we're starting again at Level 1 the old character file isn't going to be that useful.

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:42 am

Don't forget to download all the haks from here: https://neverwintervault.org/project/nw ... ment-48005.

Modern content has changed significantly since we played XCOM Aliens, and you will need to get the latest version or could miss seeing a lot of models and/or suffer tileset crashes.

I've also made changes to allow on-server creation so you won't have to do one locally and email it. Therefore even if you downloaded recently you will need to download the item and class haks again. That will include you LB and also people who play in my own campaign.

Plus don't forget to make sure your CEP is up to date from here: https://neverwintervault.org/cep

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:52 pm

Updated those two haks on my new computer. If we finish in a timely manner today we can try a quick test on my server.

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:20 pm

Server is up.

IP is 108.204.120.190:5121
Server is "Lazybones Test Server," in the Role Play category
Player password is "alien"

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:24 pm

Well, I see three of you in the server list, so that much works at least.