NWN2 Campaign: Greyhawk Adventures - Northern Ulek

Looking for like-minded Players to adventure with? Looking for a DM to run you or your group through an adventure? This forum is for you!
NWN DM
NWN2 Campaign: Greyhawk Adventures - Northern Ulek

Post by NWN DM » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:06 am

Greyhawk Adventures takes the leap into NWN2 with an all new campaign of individual, fully DMed adventure modules, set in Northern Ulek.

Starting location of the first module is the small village of Loren's Ford, located NW of Rittersmarch.

The campaign will spread outwards from Loren's Ford to encompass Foghollow, Rittersmarch, the southern Lortmils and the south-western portion of the Suss Forest.

This campaign will be conducted in the manner and style of old 1st edition games and will be a fully DMed affair. This means every NPC is DM controlled, leading to a more immersing gaming experience and a decidedly slower overall pace as well.

In addition, every creature/monster/NPC in this campaign will be hand placed. This means maximum variety in the look and feel of your adventure. Each module will employ DM awarded lump sum XP rewards at its conclusion, with the projected range being communicated in advance.

Players will have to download the character generation mini-module, as well as the other files below, including the PWC file for the particular module that is currently being played.

Games will be scheduled on the NWC site, or here, with adventures designed for 4 PCs, with general class breakout as follows; 1 fighter, 1 wizard, 1 rogue and 1 cleric. Note that alternative classes can substitute for the general list (i.e. a barbarian instead of a fighter, or a sorcerer instead of a wizard). Adventuring parties are welcome to deviate from this skill mix, but be advised that each module will be designed with the “classic” group in mind.

Projected level range of the campaign will be 1st to 10th. Starting players get 1001 XP, an assortment of coinage (CP/SP/EP/GP/PP) and basic equipment.

I am looking for four players who can commit to a minimum of three 2-3 hour game sessions (i.e. the group will stay together for an entire module).

Adventure Modules in the Series:
GHA2.0 – Into Loren’s Ford has been available since 11/07. This module has a RP/adventuring mix of 70%/30%.
GHA2.1 - Patriots of Ulek (in development for launch in 09/08). This module is currently projected to have a RP/adventuring mix of 50%/50%.
GHA2.2 - TBD (in pre-development concept phase). Tentative timeline is late Q4 2008.

Link to more information in my signature below.

NWN DM

Dane Bramage
Expert Poster

Re: NWN2 Campaign: Greyhawk Adventures - Northern Ulek

Post by Dane Bramage » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:41 pm

depending on when you schedule it, i might be interested. never played Greyhawk, but i'm game for anything :)

Venture
Site Admin

Post by Venture » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:36 pm

Depending on when you schedule this (days and times), I would be interested too. The setting and other details sound awesome, and the duration sounds perfect for my schedule, as my own campaign makes it hard to commit to real lengthy campaigns. I am away for a couple of weeks in September though.

ocanthus
Newbie Poster

Post by ocanthus » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:14 am

I'm interested if the scheduling works. I haven't played GH setting in eons...

NWN DM

Post by NWN DM » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:42 pm

In the past, experience has shown me that Wednesday evenings between 2100 and 2330 CST (i.e. Eastern -1) is the most reliable time in my schedule.

Once the snow starts to fall (early November), I can also add evenings on Saturday to the list.

Return to “The Player Connection”