NWC Down Again

Discuss anything related to Neverwinter Nights 1 or 2, Dungeons and Dragons, online roleplaying games, or computer roleplaying games
Venture
Site Admin
Re: NWC Down Again

Post by Venture » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:06 pm

Are you running an internet security program or suite, or a firewall? If you're brave, try disabling that and see if you get on.

Purple Puppy
Expert Poster

Post by Purple Puppy » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:17 am

I'm not going to disable any firewalls, NWC is known to be filled with viruses, at least at the moment it is. :|

Someone suggested it might be using an odd port though. And it has something to do with my internet provider, because I got someone to test it for me using their work comp (which has a different 'net provider) and they had no problems connecting.

Purple Puppy
Expert Poster

Post by Purple Puppy » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:53 pm

So absolutely no one else is having any problems with NWC or connecting to it? Well, one of my brother's workmates (who does IT) suggested that NWC could be using an unusual port, so I would try to ask Gilaun or Rizzen about it, but since I can't get on the site I can't find their contact details.

Dane Bramage
Expert Poster

Post by Dane Bramage » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:09 pm

no issues for me on either my work computer or my home computer.

Venture
Site Admin

Post by Venture » Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:43 pm

I'm not having problems, but all I'm using it for is the forums, and I scheduled one game during the Con. Actually, come to think of it, I do get an error message when I use "Mark all as read" in the forums (or at least I did the last time I tried a while ago),

Dane Bramage
Expert Poster

Post by Dane Bramage » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:45 pm

yeah... i get an error when i use the "mark all posts as read" button too. it's not always, but it does happen from time to time. i've posted a bug report about it. doubt anything will come of it tho.