Siege of Aldera - Sunday rp thread

Gulfwulf's Campaign
Lydyn
Experienced User
Re: Siege of Aldera - Sunday rp thread

Post by Lydyn » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:29 pm

We made it back and with supplies for the small town - bolts and crossbows mostly. Though there wasn't much to the trip, when we were finally back within the gates it seems some of the elder insects - or more seasoned warriors - attacked the front gate. They took quite a bit of effort from a handful of warriors to quell. Sadly, one of the men died that day. I pray his soul reaches the afterlife.

Elaura
Experienced User

Post by Elaura » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:04 am

Ridush shakes her head and sighs, speaking to no one in particular, "Not ever if Ridush live ten thousand years will me understand the way pink skins honor their dead. All sadness, all quiet, all dark. Warrior supposed to die in battle. People should be proud, should eat much, drink more, and speak well of him until the fire dies or the sun rises.

"If Ridush die, me hope me die with others of my people. Me hope me have big party and all who come sing of Risush."

With this, the orc orders a bottle of the inn's best fish ale, a bucket of boiled fish, and leaves the tavern with her burdens. She picks a spot as far from the eyes of the townsfolk as she can, gathers a rather large pile of dead branches and broken furniture, and makes a campfire between the water and the wall of the city.

Although Ridush is attempting to be quiet, the more she drinks, the louder she gets. Her singing and the light of the fire draw angry looks from the townsfolk and guards are sent to quiet her. They are grimfaced until they hear the words of her song. She sings simple verses praising fallen warriors.

Soon many battle-worn veterans gather in that spot; they sing of honor and glory, and drink with Ridush until the fire dies or the sun comes up . . .

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:48 am

Note that the XP from the missed session transfers over to this one.

+400 for Elaura & Lydyn.

peachykeen
Experienced User

Post by peachykeen » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:37 am

Erin kept a sharp eye on the tall grass around the party, as they followed the goblins through the country. He expected a patrol of those spined bugs to pop up at any moment.

The goblins led them down a twisted trail, and his sense of direction suggested they were barely avoiding going in circles. The island had proven much bigger than he was expecting, and far more diverse. Hopefully they would make it to the fortress without much trouble.

Inside would be another story. Erin had run into goblins before, shortly after leaving school. They were relatively simple and easy enough to work with, if you kept them happy. Their leaders, however, were another story. He shifted bow and pack and adjusted his sword belts. If there ended up being trouble, they would have to keep the fight quick and clean. Goblins weren't the most motivated types, so without their bugbear, they shouldn't be a problem. He chuckled as the thought of commanding a goblin army crossed his mind, drawing an inquisitive glare from one of their guides. Smiling, he shrugged the glare away and looked into the sky.

Elaura
Experienced User

Post by Elaura » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:19 pm

Ridush galumphed behind her friends far enough that she could see every goblin in the party. She didn't like the idea of any of the little pests getting behind her. She also didn't like dealing with goblins in any manner except at the end of her axe.

On some basic level, it may have been that Ridush was a bit of a snob. She truly disliked the idea that goblins felt the shared green tint of their skin and hers somehow made friendship a certainty. Ridush never gave her friendship lightly and certainly not to goblins.

In Ridush's mind, even full-blooded Orcs had better manners than goblins. They were in no way obscure about their feelings and did not hesitate to inform you if you had angered them.

Goblins were deceptive, but not in the complex way elves, humans and their ilk were; that didn't bother Ridush in the slightest, because it almost always went over her head. Goblins were almost too obvious about their lies. They were like mean little children, lying for the fun of it, or because they didn't know how to tell the truth.

Only goblins knew something children didn't. Goblins knew Ridush was a female and while the males leered in her general direction, the females frothed and behaved as if they couldn't decide whether to kill Ridush and eat their mates or eat Ridush and kill their mates.

"Wait," Ridush thought to herself, "Me get you a rope so you can climb me. Maybe goblin rather stand on a big rock to kiss Ridush? Ridush rather kiss Auntie Grizelda without her false tusks in."

She laughed at her own thoughts and drew even more attention, the goblins grasped their weapons a bit more tightly. Ridush thought as fast as she could, so the echo of her laughter had died before she explained, "Max tell Ridush funny joke. You want to hear it?" She held out the hammer to the group, who decided a half-orc with a talking hammer could laugh any time she damn well pleased.

The reaction of the goblins was quite pleasing to Ridush and she grinned as Max told her, "Just as well, they wouldn't understand hammer-humor anyway. Did I ever tell you about the time I met the greatest Dwarven Smith to ever have waked? Only he didn't walk, he rode on a platform with *wheels*. By the time he died, his legs had withered to nothing from lack of use . . ."

Ridush settled in to listen to the easy rhythm of Max's deep resonant voice, though she really couldn't follow his longer stories.

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:53 am

+400 for Peachykeen and Elaura.

Elaura
Experienced User

Post by Elaura » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:14 am

After checking the rest of the entrance to the decrepit fortress which once belonged to the goblins, the small party headed back to the goblin chief with his golden ape. The day had been long and fruitless in the mind of the half-orc, who had no use for gold or statues.

Ridush was lost in a jumble of thoughts as they made haste to get back to the treacherous goblins before darkness brought forth even more bugs.

No treasures, no food, no tools or clubs left behind, but goblins leave behind golden monkey, when chief like monkey so much? Maybe goblins know bugs coming, yellow bellies under green skin run away long before bugs get to home, but why only thing left behind is monkey?

"Perhaps the one responsible for keeping the statue was killed and eaten by the insectoids?" Max offered and continued, "Perhaps he was killed and eaten by the chief when he arrived at the fort without his Master's prize?"

Ridush nodded, "Ridush not think of that . . . makes sense. Strange goblins, like to live in ruins of forts made by man. At least most of old home underground. Goblins not strange enough to like living above ground too much . . . that what Ridush hope, anyway. If goblins like new home better than old one, me not know how many goats she have to eat to save prisoners."

Ridush never noticed the odd looks given her by her companions when she spoke to the hammer, because she was always too interested in what Max had to say. This time Max chuckled, "I do not think you will falter, my friend. It was very smart of you to demand to see a prisoner." Ridush beamed and he added, "It is certain the poor woman was blinded by the torchlight, otherwise she surely would have been able to see you were no goblin intent on harming her."

"Max too kind. Ridush know she look scary and mean when she angry and woman not know Ridush angry with goblins and not her. Ridush hope she not only prisoner left, but even so, me not leave her behind. Erin and Mei, they not leave her behind. One or more than Ridush count fingers and toes, it not matter. Ridush hungry, maybe eating goats with goblins not so bad after all?"

Had Max been able, he would have shaken his head as he responded ruefully, "I fear it is not goat you will find on your plate at a goblin's board, my friend."

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:50 am

+500 for Elaura.

tampamac2002
Expert Poster

Post by tampamac2002 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:31 am

After barely surviving the encounter with the bugbear chief, all Mei could do was lean against the wall and breathe. Not deeply, but at least he was breathing.
After rounding up the remaining hostages and giving them weapons and a choice.

"Come with us back to Southwarden, or stay behind."

Mei and the others started the long trek back to Southwarden.
A few bugs were encountered along the way, we even managed to find the serving woman. She had climbed a tree when a bug spotted her.

Eventually we made it to the keep on the cliff overlooking the sea, Southwarden. The guards were surprised to see us, as were some others, I'm sure.

peachykeen
Experienced User

Post by peachykeen » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:58 am

As the party walked back to the city, Erin kept a close eye on the woods for any goblins. He had mostly expected the little greenskins to betray the adventurers, but his fully intended to carry out his threat of Ridush being chief by morning. If they could find the things, that was. Between not knowing the island and the fight with the bugbears, it wasn't too likely he'd ever catch up to the goblins.

Erin walked on, gritting his teeth. Luckily, they'd gotten a good few hostages out of the fortress and recovered it for the humans. He wondered idly if they'd missed any good loot on the way out, but at least the Captain would be paying them when they go into town. Which they were almost to...