Devotion Campaign Planning and Discussion Thread

Moderator:Lazybones

Gulfwulf
Forum God
Re: Devotion Campaign Planning and Discussion Thread

Post by Gulfwulf » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:14 am

Toric rubbed his chin. "Ye know, lass, that's not a half-bad idea. 'Least then those two tree-huggers would be good fer somethin'!" He flashed a grin at Slade and Arthor.

Topato
Extreme Poster

Post by Topato » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:18 am

"This place is the stuff of legend, and all of them agree on its danger. We shouldn't take anything for granted here, the mad mage is known to be a devious setter of traps and tests and he fills his dungeon with monsters of many types."

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:04 pm

"I know it has a reputation but can it possibly be any different than some of the things we have faced?" Shanni asked, looking around. "We've been through a lot of things and the only thing that matters is not to take our good fortune for granted."

"You know what we have to do already." She gave everyone a bright, cheerleader grin. "We trust to our patrons and go on because if nothing is ventured nothing is ever gained."

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:22 pm

Session 92

+3300xp for full-party IC posting this week.

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:13 pm

((Server up. Should be the usual details.))

Mirgalen
Extreme Poster

Post by Mirgalen » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:52 am

The group ventured into the maze of the mad mage. At one point, the freed a fey from a prison. They faced really big trolls and walking mushrooms among a variety of monsters roaming in the complex.

Alty was not overly concerned. It was not the Underdark per say but close enough. His magic arrows were now quite effective except against creature immune somehow to arrows, bolts, darts and the like. He still had a big sword, a gift of Amathain but did not keep a hammer or some kind of crushing weapon. Considering that most of the time the enemies were dead or defeated before he could swap weapon it did not seemed to be an issue.

Karvon
Forum God

Post by Karvon » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:22 am

So now the party was searching Undermountain for a magical fountain to recharge their drained teleportation staff. Given what Slade had heard of the size and nature of the place, he wondered if this wasn't a fool's errand. They'd started off hacking their way through a region apparently under the thumb of a crazy druid, chopping down angry trees and mushroom people, and rescuing a pixie from a band of very violent trolls. A nice ring of stealth was passed on to him, but there didn't seem to be much in the way of loot otherwise. No one they were able to converse with thus far, had heard of the fountain - hardly an auspicious start.

smartalec
Extreme Poster

Post by smartalec » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:23 pm

"I'm going to be right eventually," Suula said, as they headed down into the cursed tomb. "We can't save everyone. Eventually, someone we run into will have been dead already. I'm just preparing people for the worst." She looked around at the walls. "And speaking of The Worst, now we're actually helping people who are already dead. We're going to be in here forever at this rate, assuming we don't all die from some trap in a minute. That happens here, I heard."

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:15 am

Toric snorted. "Ye're just a burst of sunshine, ain't ye lass? While yer goddess might not care, it be mine, Goldilocks, and yer sister's duty ta help those in need. Ye're more than welcomed to wait at the entrance if'n this cave's givin' ye chills. That or I could 'old yer hand fer ye." He waggles his eyebrows and guffaws. "Wouldna that be a sight? I'd almost pay ta see it." He stops and turns to stare at her. "But, really, if'n it bothers ye THAT much, I guess we can forget 'bout our promise ta the spirit woman and go after that bastard without 'elp. I don't know about ye, lass, but I'd like as many allies with us as possible 'fore we run into 'im. I don't know 'bout ye, but fer me the ends don't justify the means if ye lose who ye are in the process."

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:04 am

"Don't be silly, you're just trying to get attention by sulking," Shanni said to her sister in a mollifying tone with a sigh behind it. "Which might have worked when we were 5 but that doesn't work with adults as they just ignore it. Then you used to start messing your hair up and wearing ridiculous clothes or jewelry, which gets called a 'phase' and loses impact after a year. And when that didn't work you would say something horrible to draw attention to the sulking, and that's what you're doing now. Which works better but doesn't get you your own way."

"Give it a few more months and they stop ignoring that tactic too," she added with a roll of her eyes. "Perhaps then you can throw yourself on the floor and start beating your hands and feet off it screaming? Won't that be a pretty sight."

((Just to remind on dates I will be out of the country for two sessions, until the first weekend in September, after today. I will leave the server up but if anything goes awry SA can get in touch with my lads to ask for it to be reinstated.))

Return to “Saturday Forgotten Realms Campaign”