TDV IC Thread

Purple Puppy's Campaigns

Moderator:Purple Puppy

Purple Puppy
Expert Poster
Re: TDV IC Thread

Post by Purple Puppy » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:23 am

100 xp - Klasa, Demonicheart, VanyaMia & Gulfwulf.

Demonicheart247
Newbie Poster

Post by Demonicheart247 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:20 am

As the group was resting from their encounter in the mines, Kurenai spent most her time cleaning the samurai armor that was found in the Nezumi sorcerer's hut. Kurenai seemed determined to make the metal shine as brightly as possible. She had seen more than enough metal in her life to know truly fine quality work when she saw it. That was part of the reason she wanted to try it on at least once in her lifetime. It had been a little large on her but overall fit her well. She certainly had the strength to walk around comfortably within the suit. She eagerly would hail the blacksmith who created the armor as a true professional. Sighing she spoke to anyone who was still awake with her, "I know...I should not have used it...even for a few moments but...such finely crafted gear...I will likely never be able to touch such a work of beauty ever again. In any case...I do intend to return this to the owner's master. I certainly have no right to keep it. Perhaps Wu-sama would know more about this if he was not the lord of the samurai who wore this armor. I will ask after the purpose of our meeting has been revealed."

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:30 am

A certain grim satisfaction coloured Yi's behaviour on the return from the mines. It wasn't hard to determine that she felt the trip into the tunnels had been a task well done. She took the opportunity to clean and dress comfortably and was sitting picking out a light, pleasing tune as Kurenai worked on the armour. She watched the admiration in woman's face as the armour once more took on the shine it was surely meant for, and smiled a little as Kurenai spoke.

"It is a fine piece of work, Shinita-san, one which no doubt has a long history and tale behind it," Yi agreed, "I wish you well in your endeavour, but I fear we will never know the complete story of its Path or how it arrived in the lair of the sorceror. At best we may find that it belongs to some worthy samurai, who was lost to some fate unknown." She sighed a little ruefully. "We will never know his precise Path, but will perhaps be able to add a little more knowledge to the samurai's story, in itself a blessing."

"Whatever we may find, perhaps this is a work of the fates bringing you to it?" Yi continued as she looked at the armour. "It must surely have tarnished the soul of the metal to be in the possession of a creature so vile, and fate conspired to place us ... more specifically you, Shinita-san, in a position to free it and also to bring yourself an item that will greatly help our cause." A soft smile lit her face. "I would not dismiss the fact that the Path of the armour intertwines with that of yourself, and that both will see you have the honour of wearing it into its next battle."

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:29 pm

Gao sat next to the bed, playing a soft tune on the lute the Builders had given him. His face was impassive as he thought back to what they had just done. So much death, much of it could have been avoided, but he doubted that the Nezumi sorcerer would have relented. He was glad that the Builders were safe and that ore would flow once more. He wished to speak with Lord Wu because he felt that Lord Wu held the key to defeating the evil the Dragon's shade had spoken of. He only hoped that they were all prepared for it.

Klasa
Expert Poster

Post by Klasa » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:06 pm

Sima sat down on one of the Builder's beds which were offered to them, holding the samurai helmet the Ninja had found in his hands, his eyes staring at it. This helmet seemed to match the samurai armor he wore almost perfectly, despite being found in the same place as a different set of armor. When he had first received it from the Ninja and tried it on, it made him feel great for a few moments, made him feel like he was a Samurai again, and he certainly looked like one for sure. But during the walk back from the tunnels, he had got to thinking and reminded himself that he was no longer a Samurai, but a lowly Ronin. And so he removed the helmet after returning from the tunnels, and after telling the Builders the good news quickly retired to think.

And think he did for most of the night, recalling his past life as a Samurai, the great moment of his ultimate failure to his Lord, and of his oath to regain his honor by defeating the bandits who had slain his Lord. It was during these thoughts that he overheard Kurenai speak, and this made him question if he should wear his armor as well. "I am no longer Samurai... And yet I dress as one, wearing the armor of a Samurai. I tell myself it is out of necessity... But that is no excuse for a lowly Ronin to use. Shinita-san has the right thought, deciding to return the armor she has to Lord Wu. That is the right and honorable thing to do, and yet it had not crossed my mind until she said it... I will have to return the armor and helmet to Lord Wu when we meet." Sima said to himself as he sighed softly.

Purple Puppy
Expert Poster

Post by Purple Puppy » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:56 pm

100xp Demonicheart, VanyaMia, Gulfwulf & Klasa.

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:49 pm

Gao stood in Lord Wu's hall, his hands tucked into the sleeves of his armor. He had to call upon his training to keep his face impassive under the assualt of the Lord's ego. Why those in power thought it was their right to trample over those they ruled, he didn't know, but it wasn't his place to speak on it. Though he knew of the outside world, he longed to finish this task the Lord appointed for them so he could return to his monastary where respect for one's fellow man, and not that of power, ruled. He stole a glance at the others to judge their reactions.

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:58 pm

Her nerves had been building since the evening before.

First there had been the captain. The officer's manners left something to be desired but he was right; Yi was no warrior. Until but a few years ago she had been brought up to expect a life of hearth and home, and had not left it until a few months back. Yet here she was on the open road, following a band of brave men and woman, and hoping that the Path would not lead her to something she would not return from. In kindness Gao had defended her, indeed all had been supportive, but it did not change the fact that her skills were woefully lacking. The healing of an untrained hand, and whatever determination her song raised in them, were all she could reliably provide to her comrades.

Despite mental exhaustion from the battles and the embarassment at the hands of the Captain, the performance had failed to sooth Yi fully and she had slept badly. Her clothes were inadequate for the presence of the Lord, and she personally too lowly. Her thoughts had nearly overtaken her as they spoke to the blacksmith, and she had stopped several times on the walk here, wondering what she thought she was doing daring to attend the audience with Lord Wu. Standing behind the others, Yi kept her eyes respectfully on the floor and her hands clasped demurely in front of her.

When the Lord began in such a forceful manner she winced and nearly dropped to her knees to beg forgiveness, but as her legs began to bend she felt an unexpected flash at the back of her mind, a flare of something stronger she had never known before. A surge of pride momentarily coursed through her, snapping her legs straight and her chin up and dragging her eyes from the floor to the scene around her. Yi gave a small gasp at the feeling, then as quickly as it came it receded, leaving nothing but an adrenalin surge in its wake.

Her heart beating as swiftly as if she'd run her from the smiths, Yi turned her eyes to the Lord briefly. Catching Gao's eyes turning towards her as she did so, Yi gave the beginnings of a smile. Taking in his supressed irritation she blinked again, the smile faltering as she wondered if she had behaved out of place.

Purple Puppy
Expert Poster

Post by Purple Puppy » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:48 pm

Lord Wu appeared oblivious to Gao and Yi's unexpected behaviour. Instead he twirled his thin graying beard tip around his finger as he explained what he wanted from the group, "A group of bandits has been raiding the caravans and attacking travelers along the west road, this insult is not acceptable, I want you to send the message to these brigands that their kind will not be tolerated in this region!" Wu banged his fist against the chair's arm with this last statement, showing his frustrations.

Wu tugged on his beard once more, "Twice now I have sent my men to deal with the bandits, and twice now they have evaded capture, escaped to the hills - and my men failed to catch them!" Wu took this moment to glance over the group, briefly making eye-contact with each. Apparently satisfied with what he saw he continue, "Ah, but this where you come in - there is a small outpost to the west where a garrison is kept. The men there are but a small force, they have been able to do little to protect the caravans and travelers, nor have the bandits directly attacked them, I want you to go there and find out what you can about the bandits, the men there must have seen something of use." Wu folded his arms, "I want you to station yourselves at the garrison, this will be a good location to investigate the bandits, and once you have located their base - I want them dealt with."

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:34 pm

Vanya Mia wrote:Her heart beating as swiftly as if she'd run her from the smiths, Yi turned her eyes to the Lord briefly. Catching Gao's eyes turning towards her as she did so, Yi gave the beginnings of a smile. Taking in his supressed irritation she blinked again, the smile faltering as she wondered if she had behaved out of place.
Gao gave Yi a brief but warm smile as their eyes met. His brows furrowed together as he saw her blink, but before he could question her, Lord Wu banged his fist on his chair. Gao turned back to Lord Wu, resolving to talk to Yi after the meeting and listened to Lord Wu describe the bandit attacks. "Of course, Lord Wu. Bandits threaten trade and endanger lives. We will locate these bandits and ensure that they cannot harm any others." He bowed his head slightly at this and waited for the others to answer.