New Member Introductions Here

If you are new to Neverwinter Nights Campaigns, come here for answers
LIONofHUME
Newbie Poster
Re: New Member Introductions Here

Post by LIONofHUME » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:31 pm

Hello, Robert Kaye here, or Lion to everyone that knows me through NWConnections. I'm a fit 6’3” 208 lb. 48 year old, from Williams Bay, WI. Now living in East Texas these last 20 years or so. Married to the same woman for 27 years and have three great kids and one awesome grandson. I started my RP'ing experience with the Castle & Crusade Society in late 1973 and have enjoyed many years of RP in many different forms. Right now I’m pretty busy with Army business, RPGA events and a summer Basketball league. But when I’m free I’m playing or DM’ing at Poetic Colossus server “The Heroes Stone” or on Barry and Charissa’s server “The Realms of Annakol”.

I also love FPS, especially CoD2 and 4, as well as Battlefield 2...anytime you guys want to get together, let me know...LION
If ye be men of valor, great fortitude and wondrous imagination, gather ye bravely and join in marshal arms with us! Assemble your strengths, unsheathe your weapons, heft your shields and gird yourselves as if for war.

Dane Bramage
Expert Poster

Post by Dane Bramage » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:39 pm

well met, and welcome to the new members. glad to see y'all over here. hopefully, we can get this site living up to people's expectations.

LION... look for the CoD4 thread and chime in. May have to get a match going... tho I fear running against you in deathmatch.

Jenniza
Experienced User

Post by Jenniza » Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:52 am

Hiya, Stephanie here. friend to FW and several others.... I've been playing D&D since 1979, NWN since 2002, and a whole variety of RPG's and other games all my life (including Chess and Monopoly since age 4... I'm 45, no kids, married to Bob Thundergut as some know him)

I currently play D20 Modern Sci-fi campaign of X-COM with Lazybones and am in a sporatic Alternity: StarDrive Scifi campaign (using OpenRPG) with Forrestwolf. My other major hobby is making animated amateur movies with an online community over at The Movies Online (my current project is a series based off of Lazybones last NWN campaign Guns, Goblins & Steel, where my character was an embedded war correspondent with a squad of US troops during the advenures... it gets complicated :)

My website is at:
http://home.comcast.net/~rampage97/

it needs to be updated to reflect this site still (re: NWN stuff)

Urk

Post by Urk » Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:30 am

Hi all. I'm a relative newcomer to NWN, but my PnP carreer started in the late 70's? Very early 80's? Around the time the original 1st edition AD&D players handbook came out. I actually played with the toolset on and off for a couple of years before debuting my campaign a little over a year ago.

I am now doing with NWN what I once did with D&D. I run a small custom campaign every other week for a small dedicated group of gamers.

On a personal level I am 42. I am a marketing consultant specializing in accounting and CPA firms and I work from home. Harbor no delusions. Working from home is no picnic. Fortunately I have a hitherto unknown aptitude for self-motivation and I work very hard.

I'm married, but no kids yet. My lovely wife is doing her PhD internship at LSU. I'm planning to DM my arse off until the first baby comes along because there sure as heck won't be any time for it afterword. I'll just have to content myself with building when that time comes.

Greywolf McGrowler
Experienced User

Post by Greywolf McGrowler » Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:43 am

Urk wrote:I'm married, but no kids yet. My lovely wife is doing her PhD internship at LSU. I'm planning to DM my arse off until the first baby comes along because there sure as heck won't be any time for it afterword. I'll just have to content myself with building when that time comes.
You sure are right about no time afterward when you have kids. I have a 1 year old and a 2 year old which is why my campaign is only once a month (wife puts the kids to bed for me so I can have some fun online for a bit) The usual people that join my campaign are people that have kids as well or don't have a lot of time on their hands. Anyways have fun till that time comes. Then have fun in a different way with your newborn!
Greywolf McGrowler

Venture
Site Admin

Post by Venture » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:04 am

Venture here. I played and DM'd the old red box D&D (and the blue "Expert" set) back in the late 70s or early 80s, and then transitioned into first edition AD&D. I took off work the day of NWN's release (only to find the store didn't get its shipment until late in the day), and left early on the day NWN2 was released. I started building in the toolset from very early on, but was too much of a coward to DM right away. Bigbluepaw talked me into it, and we DM'd together for several years in my Naeldor campaign, and for a short while in his campaign. Now, my NWN2 campaign has been going since May of '07.

In real life, I'm a 40-year-old lawyer, a tech geek wannabe, and an avid skier. I'm getting married (second go-around at it) in a few weeks, and fortunately my fiance is pretty understanding of my gaming habit. Or, she is now. We'll see if that changes.

On an ironic completely random note, one of the players who started way back with my NWN campaign several years ago, and is still playing in the NWN2 campaign, was from New Zealand. He announced he was moving to the U.S. to be with his girlfriend, and it turns out he moved one town over from me, 20 minutes away. Small world.

Karvon
Forum God

Post by Karvon » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:24 pm

I started D&D way back with 1st printing of the original 3 paperback books in the ugly white box in 1974. At my first con, I played in a game DM'd by Dave Arneson himself - a dungeon crawl thru Blackmoor. My mage was one of only two survivors out of an original party of 8. I started DM'ing almost immediately, as I was the only one of my friends with the rules

In HS, I once ran a session on a backpacking trip around a campfire for a party of about 20 and used the stop watch on my digital watch to generate semi random numbers. I hadn't planned to run games during the trip so hadnt brought any stuff with me, gave in to popular demand to host

I continued DM'ing - playing, thru HS and thru my time in grad school. My freshman year I had about 50 players running at different times in my campaign. I usually ran a game in the lobby of the dorm starting from around 6 PM on Sat nite that usually finished around 7 AM the following morning. Sometimes, we continued after a break for breakfast untill noon. Thus, I made a lot of friends, but my grades plummeted so I had to cut back - a little :)

When I came to Japan, I found a group to game with for awhile, but the expat community is rather transitory so after a year or so it withered away and died.

I took up CRPG and played thru some of the old SSI gold box series. I looked at some non D&D crpg's but generally disliked having to learn new mechanics, so rarely went very far with them. I played a little in the original NW game on AOL, but it was rather expensive to do that from Japan, so I only tried it a couple of times. I never played some of the later D&D themed CRPG's as I heard they were real time - which I generally despise.

I was intrigued when I first read about NWN and followed its development with some interest, though I was still rather leery about the real time aspect. However, after hearing some good reviews from some former college gaming partners, I dove in and started playing thru SP mods.

I started with the OC, but got sidetracked when I discovered NWVault and the wealth of 3rd party mod's. I played thru a lot of the more popular one's SP over about a six month period of time and then pursuaded my old gaming buddies to go thru a bunch of stuff together MP. By the time we'd played thru enough mod's to work ourselves up to the 40 level cap, they were burned out on the game and wanted a break. I decided to check out NWC - which I'd read about from time to time.

In the four years since, I've played in quite a few NWC campaigns and explored a large number of PWs. I've got a 3 year old campaign I've been DM'ing on Lands of Etarnon server, which I've assumed responsibilities for with Etarnon's retirement from NWN.

I've put together a few cc offerings over the years on the vault under the user name markrendl. The most popular one's have been the coastal ships combo hak and floor coverings hak.

My favorite characters are rogues, but I play a wide range - filling in what's needed when joining a new campaign. ATM, I think I'm actually playing more fighters.

As for real life... I'm 47 years old and teach ESL in Japan; been here 20 years now. I taught history and computer science at a HS in Silicon Valley, prior to coming here. I like all kinds of games, reading all kinds of stuff, playing the guitar and watching hours and hours of American football courtesy of Yahoo Game Pass.

My Japanese "significant other" works as a tour guide for Japan Travel Bureau, so globe-trotting around the world most of the month; the upside being I don't spend much money going out and have few time conflicts for my online gaming :)

...and my cat Shamisen says "meow" to all fellow cat lovers :)

Karvon

Kylerayner
Newbie Poster

Post by Kylerayner » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:18 am

Hey all, Kylerayner here. Yeah was a pretty big fan of green lantern when I was younger and he's the lantern of my generation. I'm 21 and going into my last year of undergrad in psychology at Northern Arizona University. I think my first experience with D n D was when I played Baldur's Gate in 2002. Loved it and bought the sequel and expansion. After that I pretty much played anything Black Isle that I could get my hands on (especially love the Fallout Series). Got Neverwinter Nights when it came out and eventually discovered role-playing through various servers, spending most of my time on one called City of Arabel. It was actually there that Socmajor, a DM/Player, hosted a one-shot game and got me hooked on NW Connections.

I mostly play RPGs. A few of my favorites are Final Fantasy 7, Knights of the Old Republic, and more recently Mass Effect. Loved Bioshock and both Deus Ex games, and I enjoy playing Call of Duty 4 from time to time. I also enjoy strategy games like Dawn of War and Rise of Nations.

When I'm not playing games I like playing guitar and listening to Classic Rock (Floyd, Dylan, Eagles, Beatles, I could go on and on). I also played baseball all my life, so I love going outside and tossing the horse hide around every now and then. I also like watching X-Files re-runs and just recently I watched the whole firefly series which made me really want to get in on a Firefly campaign :p

But yup that's about it. Hope to see you all around.

Sol Arbriel
Newbie Poster

Post by Sol Arbriel » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:45 pm

I too am 36 and with only 4 weeks until 37 from today, 10 Aug.

My role-playing began in 1984, firstly with D&D followed a few months later, as I then began high school, with AD&D.

That was with the pen and pencil game and several of my then school friends.

I also played, albeit briefly at college but the gaming group disbanded as the DMs were ahead of me in years and graduated. By no means am I a DM, never DMed in my entire gaming life. The group never got back despite several attempts with different DMs and players.

Now I spend any free time I have in NWN and in particular on Barry1066s Realms of Annakolia persistent world.

I count myself lucky to be able to play my favoured AD&D ruleset on a computer in that in 1998 I switched from Windows to Apple Macintosh.

Lefort
Newbie Poster

Post by Lefort » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:02 am

Hello folks, I'm new here and while I was searching for active dm's for NWN2 I stumbled across this. So I figure I introduce myself and see if this place is actually alive. So please get back to this post and we can have a little convo.