Knights of the New Republic - Tuesdays

Gulfwulf's Campaign
Tenren
Experienced User
Re: Knights of the New Republic - Tuesdays

Post by Tenren » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:21 pm

It felt like they were edging closer and closer to the Sith... and that it wouldn't be long before they were standing at the true face of the darkside. It had been a while since Luos was in a real dogfight, but he was a fair enough pilot that he wasn't too worried about the upcoming assault. It was the ground mission that would follow which had him nervous -- he tried to put that aside for the time being, and concentrate on simply surviving until that came... but couldn't help thinking about the future.

He hoped that the conflicts with Ash and Alorian wouldn't escalate into something serious down the line... but he was starting to wonder if that was inevitable.

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Please read

Post by Gulfwulf » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:32 pm

I guess I should get around to posting this eventually, eh?

Anyways, I've been giving it some thought and I think I'm going to shelve this campaign. That's not to say that I'm abandoning you guys, but that I'm not going to run KotnR any longer. It's starting to feel too much like work and I haven't been able to put my personal stamp on it. I really should have made a few changes before we started, mainly moving the setting to the distant past and not using any characters from the movies, books, or games so I wouldn't have to feel like I was trying to emulate somebody else versus giving the NPCs their own distinct personalities. Saying that, I think it's time to return to a more fantasy realm. I think one of the reasons I'm having problems fininding new players is because of the setting. So our options right now are:

1. Returning to the Shades of Moonshae series: I really liked that campaign and would like to restart it (with a number of changes) and actually finish it. Lorit might make an appearance again, but the big baddies are going to be different. Don't worry, I'll start you at level three this time to help prevent tpks.

2. Guns, Goblin and Steel: This i sa mod Lazybones made awhile back in which the players are US military operatives in Iraq searching for a terrorist leader. While on a mission, they're transported to another world by a Duke who's desperate for men to help him save his lands. Because I want a fantasy setting, I would remove the military aspect and start you out as either citizens of the kingdom or adventurers/mercenaries of neighboring kingdoms answering the call for help.

No matter which route we go, it's going to be about two weeks before we play again to give me time to get the campaign setup and look for other players. If we go Shades, I want to replace some of the areas with new tilesets. If it's GGS, I'll need to remove one of the haks that won't be needed (it holds the modern items like rifles and battle dress uniforms (BDUs)). Let me know which one you want and do me a favor and don't say either one is fine, I'd like to know which one you would prefer. Thanks. :)

Dane Bramage
Expert Poster

Post by Dane Bramage » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:17 am

i think i'll take this opportunity to bow out then. i'm getting ready to shoulder a big project and need to focus on that. i'll let y'all know what it is in the next couple of weeks.

anyway... fun gaming w/ y'all as always. sorry Alorian was such a stick in the mud. i was gonna run a "grey" jedi at first, but then i saw that we already had a couple that were on the fence, so i went with the paladin type role.

have fun with whatever y'all get yourselves into. see ya 'round.

Dragonmom52
Experienced User

Post by Dragonmom52 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:20 pm

Well, what to say to that. It has been fun, but I really would like to finish something. It seems that just when we get a character up to a decent level we end up starting something else.

I have played with you for going on 4 years now, and I don't want to sound like a whiner, but I think it is time to move on. I love playing, and I think you are the best DM I've run into. Your games are always surprising and they keep the players on their toes.

Hope we can stay in touch, and if you ever decide to run something a little higher in levels, let me know.

Good luck! :)

Dmom
"I want to here more about Sam."

Tenren
Experienced User

Post by Tenren » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:17 am

Aww... well it was fun while it lasted.

Bye Dane and Dmom :cry: